Everyone is doing so well -- Why aren't I

marcoislandmom
on 1/14/07 8:56 pm - Naples, FL
Everyone is approaching 5 months out with loses in excess of 100 lbs. I've only lost 56 lbs. What gives? I am getting disappointed in my performance except for the size 14 clothes I can wear down from size 20. This is getting frustrating. The scale hasn't moved for almost 3 weeks.
blondesnowqueen
on 1/15/07 12:01 am - Oxford, ME
Nili, Maybe your not losing as much weight because you didn't have as much to lose all together as some of the other people here. I know I was considered a "light weight" because I started out weighing 266 pounds at a little over 5'8" tall and my doctor's goal for me is to weigh 163 pounds, my own goal for myself is to weigh 140 pounds. I now weigh 171 pounds and I'm 5 months post op. Making my total weight loss only 95 pounds so far, but for me, I think that's great. Others here have lost a lot more weight than I have so far, but they may have more to lose than I do. Does that make any scense? Also another thing, I go to the gym 2-3 times a week. I walk ALL the time. The more you move the more you lose. Are you getting enough exercise? If you are and the scale still isn't moving, maybe your just at a stall. We all have stalls in our weight loss. If you're still feeling frustrated the best thing to do is all your doctor and speak with the dietian, tell them what your eating and what your doing for activity and see if you are where your suppose to be for your weight and height. I hope this helps. ~dori~
Pam P.
on 1/15/07 3:36 am - LaGrange, GA
Hey Nili.... I had surgery 8/28 and Im right there with you... see they call us "light-weights" ....funny huh...yeah rite...nothing about me was LIGHT anyway..we didnt have as much to loose as others therefore our pace, which is exact....it dead on for our stats... Patience honey... Listen to me preachin when I say the same thing every day, but lets be patient together... Ive gone from a 22 to a 12, so Im not going to worry about that dumb scale... I know I dont drink or eat enough and that controls the scale, but each day I strive to do better. Good Luck to you!
marcoislandmom
on 1/15/07 4:24 am - Naples, FL
Thanks, all for your support and kind words. I guess that's right about being a lightweight -- I should look at this as I have lost 20% of my bodyweight or 50% of my excess weight in a bit under 5 months. Just that so many folks have lost 100 lbs. Patient, I know, Patience. I see the surgeon at the beginning of February -- I guess I'll let him be the judge.
cowangel
on 1/17/07 8:38 am - Grovetown, GA
Listen, I still have 77 pounds to go I'm at 227 and want to hit 150... i started this game at 338.... so yes i've lost more than you but i absolutely have more to lose... I've lost just over 50% of what i need so we're at the same point in that way really.... I hope this makes you feel better
cmdavitt
on 1/15/07 6:27 am - Long Valley, NJ
My scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks either. I am down almost 75# and seem to be stuck here for a while. I guess my body is letting my mind catch up. I'm having a hard time beleiving that I can fit into size 16 jeans forom tight 24's and all. Best to us all. Its so hard to be patient. I agree that it seems that those with more to lose seem to do it more quickly - Frustrating though. Chris Davitt Highest weight 285 Current 211 Surgeon's goal - 170 Mine? 138? or so
Jan C.
on 1/15/07 11:12 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
Yeah i know what you mean about some of the people losing so very much but it is like everyone else said when you dont have but a hundred pounds to lose it is a lot different than if you have 300 pounds to lose. I too was considered a (lightweight)HA HA when i started i weighted 258 pounds and am 5'3" tall. Im still 5'3" tall but have gone down to 193 and gone from wearing a 22 to a size 10 in most things. So i dont have much to complain about really. I know it is only 65 pounds but i have lost 74 inches and still losing. it is slow but at least it is going down ....Never did that before . I am not looking to get down to 100 pounds dont care what the scales read if i can just get down to size 7/8s i will be happy . That should be around 160 somewhere in there i would think maybe 150 and if that is so i only have about 30 more pounds to go so if that takes most of the summer i dont care. I know that when i have a tummy tuck it is going to reduce my size by at least one or two sizes. i have a lot of skin in that area that is hanging and in the way. dont know about the breast or anything other than i may have a face lift that is really bothering me all those wrinkles that i didnt have before. lol Jan
Sharon B.
on 1/16/07 10:32 am - Monroe, LA
Nili, I had my surgery on Aug. 28th and I'm down 50 lbs. I'm 5'7" and started at 240. Size 20-22 and 2X tops and now 14/16 and L and XL tops. It is frustrating but we'll get there - never fear!!!! Sharon
Tanya-RN
on 1/17/07 1:38 am - Spring, TX
Girl- I am right there with you and found out from the other boards I am on that this is normal. But getting on that scale everyday and not seeing it move or bounce between the same 2 pounds is beyond frustration. They say the stall is normal for 5-6months and then suddenly you are back to losing again. I am also a lightweight (never would have said that lol) I am 5'6 and started at 252 and today I was 179 and my goal is 140 and have lost 72lbs. I also get frustrated with others that are losing so much faster and are closer out but I have learned to be happy FOR them and thankful that I am here this year and not where I was last. I have added protein, water and exercise and mixed it up to confuse my body- seems my body is smart LOL. I went from a 20 to a 12/14 and XL to a medium shirt- was in 2x scrubs and now the mediums are getting too big!!!! Should the number matter to me if I am in normal clothes and smaller sizes???? Hang tough- we are right there with ya!!!! Tanya 252/180/179/140 surgery/dr. goal/current/my goal
nanahanna
on 2/2/07 5:50 am - AR
I will be six months out on 2/7 and have only lost 60 lbs. I have been going to physical therapy ordered by my surgeon to build muscle strength because of all the years of not being to exercise because of arthritis. My surgeon told me that I am losing slow now because muscle weighs more than fat and I am building muscle. He said not to worry, I will begin losing again soon. I was considered a lightweight at 5'6" and 227 lbs. Down from size 22 to 12/14 pants/jeans and size large shirts are beginning to get too large....and my rings are all too big now!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views