5mths out!!!

LARAIL
on 1/14/07 8:54 am - SHALLOWATER, TX
what are yall eating???? how much have you lost??
anna1916
on 1/14/07 11:49 am - Bellmawr, NJ
I hit the five month mark on January 1st. I started out at 295 pounds, and I now weigh 184, for a loss of 111 pounds I am eating lots of nuts, soup, protein bars, and fish. I am using the soup mostly to get some veggies and other vitamins in - plus it's a quick and easy meal for lunch or if the kids are having pizza or sandwiches. I have not tried a lot of things yet outta fear! I'd love a salad or some toast, but have heard both are really hard to eat. I have good and bad food days - some days, I can eat ground beef or eggs, other days I can't. I tend to rely on stuff I know will go down easily I'm such a chicken!!
wahoo59
on 1/14/07 6:44 pm - Cranbury, NJ
I can eat about anything except chicken. I have lost 94 lbs since surgery. Am at a stall for about 4 weeks now. Tommy
Pam P.
on 1/15/07 3:45 am - LaGrange, GA
Congrats you guys! Well Im only 4.5 out but thought I would give you my stats... Ive lost 50 pounds and gone from a 22 to a 12... The scale is not my friend unless Im perfect each day and I seldom have days when I can be perfect, so I try not to obsess about it. Most days I cant stomach eggs, but I try to eat them over-easy and "sop" up the yolk with wheat toast...otherwise..NO EGGS... Chicken doesnt like me very much unless its REALLY MOIST... I mostly live on oatmeal, grits, fruit & cheese, chili, steak, shrimp, lunchmeat, soups, protein bars (which gag me some days) and good ole MILK...I couldnt live without it. I must admit I have found a new snack...the nabisco thin crisps ~ oreo...YUM I was snacking occasionaly on 1/2 pack, cause its 100 calories and 8g sugar in a pack but now I eat a pack when Im wanting something crunchy and chocolate tasting....Bad I know. Steak and milk save me
lea2be
on 1/15/07 2:00 pm - LaBelle, FL
I'm 4 1/2 mos out (5 months on Jan 29). I've lost 111 pounds from my start of 410, so I just finally entered two-terville! I still have at least 125 more pounds to lose, so I very closely watch what I eat. I've been able to get my average daily protein intake up to about 64 grams per day. I'm getting my 64 oz of liquids most days and some days as much as 80 ounces. I still have no appetite, so some days I don't eat enough and today was one of those days. I got a late start to the day (didn't eat till afternoon) and it sort of set the trend for the whole day I think. But, tomorrow is a new day and I'll get a better start and have a better day! I can eat about anything and have been combing cookbooks and the internet for flavorful new recipes to try. My kids are loving it and I cook most nights when they used to cook 3 or 4 dinners per week. But, with the 111 pounds gone, I am more able to stand and do things where I couldn't before! Tonight, we had a crockpot stew made with a pork roast that was cut into 1" cubes, potatoes, carrots, onion, etc. It was pretty good, but didn't help round out my protein for the day as my portion was only 17 grams of protein. I usually get 20 to 25 grams from my dinner! Today for lunch, which was also late, I pulled about 1/2 the meat off of a rotissiere chicken breast and cut it up into little bits. I put a tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and chopped some onion into it. As this was browning, I added about a tbsp of chopped green peppers and a tbsp of diced tomatoes (always have those in the fridge!). Then, once that was all hot and smelling good, I stirred in the chicken pieces and continued to stir it till it was all nice and hot and yummy. That was my lunch. The olive oil had more calories than all of the rest of it! I'll have to look for a better way to do this! LOL It was tasty even with no added seasoning of any sort.... Most days, I start my day with Egg Beaters with shredded cheese, chopped green peppers, and sometimes a bit of some sort of meat. Lunch is usually some sort of leftover from all this dinner planning/cooking I'm doing. If it is something that may tend to dry out a bit while reheating, I put it into a broth and cook it like a soup with some veggies tossed in. Dinner is different every night! As of the 1 month post-op point, our surgeon told us that our only limitation for food was our own tolerance. If we could tolerate it, we could eat it. I really haven't got anything I find I can't tolerate as long as I eat slowly and chew very, very well. Making healthy choices is up to us! I try to stay below 1000 calories and 100 carbs every day with no white bread (actually hardly any bread ever), pasta, and--as our surgeon says--none of the white, crumbly, crunchy stuff (chips, saltines, etc). I do eat an occasional pretzel rod with my peanut butter though! And I try to get 65 to 80 grams of protein per day plus my 64 oz of liquids...
Tanya-RN
on 1/17/07 2:05 am - Spring, TX
I am 5 1/2 months and have lost 73lbs so far. Been at a stall for over a month now with maybe 1 lb a week. Track everything with www.fitday.com and my calories are between 350 and 900 (good and bad days lol) Here is what I cant eat first: eggs, chicken and any milk products but cheese (due to surgery am now lactose intolerant) sugar and can only handle 1/4 piece of bread. Here are my mainstay and favorites with asterisks: *shrimp,* all seafood, *steak, pork,*roast, LOVE brocolli,squash, stir fry vegetables with 2 tbs of rice, *chili, soy milk, and I found SF peanut butter and SF jelly. Love to have an apple with PB,cottage cheese and pineapple, *cream cheese and cheese sticks. I know when I post this I will think of others lol. I drink 1 protein shake a day made of either strawberry white chocolate, vanilla cinnamon, vanilla ice cream and of course chocolate all from this site and many different flavors of their SF syrups for coffee and drinks. Water is a battle and I strive for at least 64oz. Hope this helps, Tanya 252/179/140
Jen F.
on 1/19/07 8:40 am - Minneapolis, MN
I was 5 months on the 15th. As of today, I'm down 77 pounds. As far as protein, I'm keeping it to fish, chicken and beans. Red meat and any ground meat is not going well at all. I also drink a lot of skim milk for protein. Sashimi (sushi without the rice) is usually pretty good for me. Bread is starting to be OK, but I avoid it. I also avoid pasta and most rice. I will eat brown rice or wild rice if it's cooked really well. Tuna doesn't seem to be my friend unless I eat it raw. Dumping seems to be pretty much over for me. I just got back from Hawaii had had no problem with pineapple or chocolate or fruity mixed drinks. Never a chocolate fan before, I'm hooked all of a sudden. Can't explain it. I haven't started a workout program yet, but that's coming soon. Thanks for this post!
nanahanna
on 2/2/07 5:59 am - AR
I'll be six months out on 2/7. I have lost 60 lbs and can eat just about anything except sugar, juices, white potatos, and corn. I mostly eat peanut butter, wheat toast with SF jelly for breakfast, deli meat for lunch and cheddar cheese; dinner is usually some kind of soup and steak, shrimp, dry beans, chicken or pork...but all in tiny amounts. I can handle some spicey foods and not others. I am lactose intolerant since surgery, so no milk for me....wasn't a big milk drinker anyway, but sure miss juice....it makes me dump. White potatos and too many carbs make my heart flip flop and pound and I get diarrhea for about 30 minutes....then I am ok. I drink AchieveOne ready to drink protein (23 grams per bottle)....love it! It is like "crack" to me! It is coffee based so a good "day starter".
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views