-117lbs and loosing

debbyeforu
on 1/6/07 3:29 am - spring valley, CA
WOOOW 4months post op and i am already 117lbs down and about another 170 plus to go. My top weight was 455 my surgery day I was 440 and now I am 335 wow. I have gone from a size 30/32 to a comfortable 22. I am eating small portions and I really dont get any dumping. I have tried a little sugar at christmas time but all it did to me was make me really shakey and leave a bad taste in my mouth. I cant do bread or any high carbs. I try to stay under 7g of sugar and 20g carbs on anything I eat and ot seems to work. I can do chicken sometimes but not very often and I can do meat but again not very often. I am loosing some hair but now I am uping my protien to one 12-16oz glass of Nectur lemon ice tea mixed with crystal light lemonaide (mmm mmm Good) and taking Biotin, I hope that this helps me. I do have new pics at www.myspace.com/debbyeforu if anyone wants to see. This whole experience has been so positive I thank God for letting me have it.
Mary G.
on 1/6/07 6:53 am - Deming, WA
Here's a for a job WELL DONE !! You are doing wonderfully well with your new life on the losers bench. Continued success in 2007, Cheers MaryG
Linda J.
on 1/7/07 1:28 pm - MyTown, NY
Amazing loss! Congratulations!!! From your post, I assume you had bypass, RNY? I didn't know that one has trouble eating chicken or beef with bypass. What do you eat? Again, Congrats!! Linda
lea2be
on 1/9/07 11:16 am - LaBelle, FL
Congrats from another post-op who started out in the 400+ bracket! You're doing great! Now, if you don't mind my asking, have you noticed any indication that your rate of loss is slowing down? I am curious when this will begin for me as I still have somewhere between 125 and 150 pounds to lose to get to a "normal" to mildly overweight but happy weight... For those of us who start out in the 400s, I hear that we have a really rapid loss in the beginning, but I'm afraid it slows down just like it does for everyone else after the first 100 pounds or so... Hopefully (for both of us), our honeymoon period will continue for quite a while still! I'd love to get down below 250 before the rate of loss really slows much.... Hugs, Lea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views