4 months out guys...What are you eating?

Pam P.
on 12/28/06 2:11 am - LaGrange, GA
Hey there just wondering what everyone is eating now? I steer clear of anything with grease (no more Waffle House for me), no sugar of course, but have introduced breads again...in small amounts. Mexican food is my friend, like just now I made it thru 3/4 of a Taco Bell Mexican Pizza before I felt like I was about to explode...mind you that is mostly mush once you eat it but Im getting scared now that I can hold more. I still dont want ANYTHING so eating at all is an effort still, so I bought a tiny refridgerator to sit at my desk so I can sip on protein and eat snacks all day...I hope that helps.
LEAH W.
on 12/28/06 7:44 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Hi Pam! Good to see that all is well with you! I just had a doctor appt today to get some bloodwork done! I'm down 67 pounds. I'm 218. I haven't been 218 in over 10 years!!! Anyways, I still tolerate everything that I eat just fine. I mostly eat chicken, shrimp, fish and some veges like cabbage, cucumbers, baby carrots and collard greens. I started to try and introduce carbs into my diet slowly. I had some whole wheat pasta here and there and I can tolerate almost a slice of wheat toast. I was thinking of making myself a wrap tomorrow with some lunch meat or something like that. I still drink protein drinks to help get the protein in. I found some that I tolerate just fine. And I finally found a couple of protein bars that don't make me gag. I've been drinking the Nectar protein drinks and I can eat 1/2 power crunch bar at a time. I also really like the protein delight blondies and brownies. Those are really good. I have to say that I do eat potato chips and microwave popcorn every now and then. I wil have a couple chips and be satisfied. Amazing, because before surgery I couldn't stop until the bag was empty. I still haven't had an apple or a banana. But I really love strawberries and melons. So far so good! I'm glad that I haven't really vomitted or had any major dumping experiences!
Lavon
on 12/30/06 6:41 am - Turlock, CA
My Dr plan said not to have any carbs till the 7th month, but I have been bored with what I have been eating, so have added a little bit of carbs. When I go to Mexican resturant, I have been having the chicken soup. They put spanish rice on the side so I have been adding that to it. The other day, I had the meatball soup. There were 4 meatballs (2oz each) I ate the two meatballs and the veggies in the soup and took most of the soup and the other two home for later. I had one meatball one time with some of the soup and finished the other meatball off the other day. A few times I had cheese enchillada and chile rellino. But usually, I have eggs, deli meats, chicken, steak, shrimp, cottage cheese mixed with ricotta cheese with lowfat, low sugar tomatoe basil sauce with mozerella cheese on top. Of course veggies and fruits. and one protein shake a day. I like my veggies with parmasean cheese melted on top. The other day I did have 1 cup of oatmeal with sweet and low and "I can't believe it is not butter" spray. That gave me 10 grams of protein. I too have added some popcorn occasionally. For Christmas, I had ham and green beans and a corn casserole. No sweets for me, other than I did take one bite of fudge, it was way too sweet, but it didn't bother me. I think I need to slow down with adding stuff. I am afraid I will go back to my old ways. Also, with the extra ham I have been having; leftover from Christmas, I must be retaining water as I have actually gained 2.5 lbs this last week. I had 62 lbs done since 8/9/2006 when I weighed in at 167.5; today I weighed in at 170#. I am 4'11" so I have at least 50 more I want to loose. It is coming off slower now. How about you? How much have you lost and is it slowing down for you. I work out 3 times a week at the local gym. However this week, only 1 day due to Christmas and having my Granddtr over on Friday. I usually go Mon, Wed and Fri. So I got to get my butt back in the routine this next week of I may not get that extra 2.5 lbs off. I still do not get hungry and food is not a temptation as it was before surgery. Praise God for that!! Blessings, Lavon
Aunt Pam
on 1/1/07 6:10 pm - Arlington, WA
good question.... but since we all have different doctors and nutritionalist that have "ordered" our food intake to be of certian foods... it can become a bit confusing. But I am proud to say that what has gone in my mouth seems to be doing ok with my new little stomack, I have consistantly been loosing weight, and my blood work reflect I am doing great! Now for my actual food.... Breakfast: I eat an egg and toast or about 3/4 cup of cherrios with skim milk and a splenda at that time I try to consume my calcium and vit. And I have been having tea, even though I am a coffee drinker, it has not tasted that good to me. Lunch is my Dinner: I have something around meat.. chicken, hamburger sometimes made in a cassarole, I might even cook up a healthy type tv dinner. I eat what ever is served and then pick at the meal for about 1/2 hour or until I am totally full. The rest of my calcuim and vit. Supper: I sometimes have left overs, but more than likely I have soup (lately I enjoy chicken noodle again) or a sandwich with meat and cheese. I had one slice of cheese pizza for Newe Years Eve. Snacks during th day: I have had a cup of popcorn, a cheese stick, protien bar or drink, yogart, sugarfree fudgecycle, and juice. And lots to drink - tea, water, coffee, sugarfree cocoa, sugar free cider, iced tea...etc I probally intake about 800-1000 calories a day and about 80 grams of protien. If I go out I have something on the menu that I think sounds good, and eat a little bit of it and have the left overs for days! thanks for asking! -Pam
Pam P.
on 1/2/07 5:42 am - LaGrange, GA
Thanks for replying ladies...sounds like you guys are doing way better at being organized than I am............ I didnt eat well over the holidays and my scale is up 8 pounds...........it freaked me out so my resoluation is to eat enough food every day and EXERCISE...I have been slack on that lately... do you guys get scared this is just a dream? I am able to eat lots more now and I fear that I am messing this up or something...then I have nightmares that I get big again and that this didnt work for me............its scary! But today I went and bought 4 size 12 pants so ITS NOT A DREAM! Happy New Year guys! I pray for your continued success....
burgundylady2003
on 1/6/07 12:26 am - small town, Canada
Hi Pam, my goodness you look great!! I didn't recognize you! I haven't been on here as we were away to Calgary after Christmas. I had an aha moment...I actually went skiing in the mountains with my girls, 2 years ago I tried and was so disappointed, I just could not do it physically! So thankful now for the weightloss that I can start to do those things again. What am I eating? Just about everything, I still try to start with the protein, then veggies and finally carbs if I am still hungry. Often I am not, and it is great as I used tobe a carboholic! I did not eat real great over the holidays, and can see how grazing can add up the calories. However, I didnt worry about it too much, and did not gain. Last week in Calgary I had chinese food and it was too greasy and it came back up, it was the first time I had vomitted in a long time. I try to have a yogurt for breakfast, and maybe a scrambled egg or omelet. Then tuna usually for dinner, and chicken or beef for supper. I like that I can eat what the others are eating, have a sample of it, but dont need to gorge myself. Great to hear from you, you are doing so great, Cindy
lea2be
on 1/9/07 10:01 am - LaBelle, FL
I usually do egg beaters with cheese and some sort of meat for breakfast. For lunch, I either have some sort of soup or some leftovers from a previous night's dinner. For dinner, we've been scavenging for exciting meal ideas lately. Here's dinners from the last several nights: tonight--beef stew Monday night--chicken paella Sunday night--lasagna (I ate the meat/cheese/sauce and not the noodles) Saturday night--cowboy casserole (sort of a black bean chili with burger in it and cornmeal dumplings dropped in fixed in crockpot) Friday night--stuffed green peppers (stuffed with rice, beans, meat, and cheese and a tomato sauce over top) Thursday night--a chicken dish with tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, and spices....yummy! Weds night--Carribean steak (a steak marinated in lime juice, honey, garlic and other seasoning) with a smidge of baked potato and green beans We've really been looking high and low for recipes! The last 3 weeks, we have not had the same thing for dinner twice! And, I am eating more protein than ever before--62 to 83 grams per day thanks to better dinners and then better leftovers for lunch! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views