Another hair loss question

Moylemoyle1
on 12/23/06 3:24 am - escanaba, MI
Ok I'm 4 months out and I am noticing my hair is getting thinner. After each shower there is so much hair in the drain that it scares me!!!! I am taking Biotin 2 times daily and I'm wondering if I can do anything else to help???? If I take Biotin 3 times daily would that help????? Please anyone!!!!
Sonja A.
on 12/24/06 3:52 am - VA BEACH, VA
How many mg's are you taking. I found some 5000mg at Walmart and I take them 2 times a day. I took them 4-6 months before surgery also.
clegate
on 12/26/06 2:35 am - Shelton, WA
I'm having the same problem. My doc doesn't want his patients to take protien supplements. He wants us to get all protien from food. The problem is that I can't eat enough during the day to get 50 g consistently. Does the Biotin really help? I'm starting to get a little nervous myself. Carol
Jan C.
on 12/27/06 8:15 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
you dont take a multi vit. each day and calcium? how in the world can you possible eat enough in a day to get your daily requirement of all the vits and minerals needed? About the hair loss dont sweat it too much it will grow back .In fact about the time that you are noticing the hair loss there is new hair starting to grow already. Jan
clegate
on 12/28/06 1:01 am - Shelton, WA
Yes, I take multi vit, calcium, B-12, and iron supplements everyday. I'm not supposed to take an additional protien supplement. Glad to hear the hair comes back! Hope it doesn't get too thin in the mean time though. I have thin hair to start out with. Carol
Pam P.
on 12/28/06 1:54 am - LaGrange, GA
same here! and I EAT Biotin and Zinc...I guess it just has to happen.... My hair has always shed really bad, my entire families does...but this a bit much now...it is scary but there is only so much we can do... Hey maybe mine will come back with a little body and curl to it... Gotta stay positive!
mom2angel
on 12/29/06 10:59 am - Big Spring, TX
Melissa, I am 4 months out and my hair is falling out just the same, I take my biotin,protein,mul vit. I have done some research, and I think that I will start taking mega amounts of Folic Acid, I have had 4 strictures, and am still on mush foods, but I found it in a powder form, I'll let ya know what happens. Bekah
Lavon
on 12/30/06 6:45 am - Turlock, CA
Jan 9, 2007 will be 5 months for me and I have only started seeing a little hair loss. I have been taking biotin along with all my other vitamins and get in my required protein daily. I was wondering if the people that loose more hair, do not get in their required protein? Lavon
Linda J.
on 1/7/07 1:24 pm - MyTown, NY
I think some are fortunate to not have to deal with hair loss and to some it happens. I took Biotin for months prior to surgery; took and continue to take my vitamins; log in around 70 - 90 g of protein a day and my hair is falling out. It scared the hell out of me....somedays there is so much hair on the brush, I'm sorry I even brushed it. Hopefully it will start stopping and new hair will grow. If not, I'll get a wig. Look how much I have gained in my life. I can walk, I can stand, I'm longer diabetic, almost off my BP meds, spinal pain is totally gone, and I'm off anti-depressants! Not bad for 5 months, huh? Linda
Lavon
on 1/9/07 11:02 am - Turlock, CA
Linda, Sorry for your hair loss. It will be temporarary I hear. It's wonderful how much better you are doing after 5 months. Keep up the good work. Lavon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views