almost 4 months out

Jan C.
on 12/6/06 2:38 am - Cedar Creek, MO
ive hit a stall of some sort. i only lost a half a pound this last week. I guess that is better than gaining a half a pound but i am so looking forward to getting down below 200 and the way i was going i was going to do it before Christmas now im not so sure. I have gone back to only protein shakes and protein bars and water and upped my exercise some. hope it works. lol im getting about 700 calories a day and 64 os of water. all the calories are fromm protein too. total of only about 12 carbs. Im not going to get upset just go with the flow and i know for a fact that it will start back up before long i just wanted it to be before Christmas. lol Jan
sunshine22
on 12/7/06 4:41 am - Karrington, MN
Hi Jan, I also am almost 4 months out. I get about 500 calories a day and not all of it is pure protein. I have cheese and crackers with a cup of coffee in the AM. I have chicken noodle soup and a sugar free fruit cup and one low fat yogurt for lunch then at home in the evening i try to get in some kind of meat with my meal..I may not be getting 64 oz of protein..but this is all i can eat in one day...I am trying to up my fluids by diluting cranberry juice with water and ice...and sipping on that...you will keep losing I am sure of that..my sister had this surgery 2 yrs ago and(I can see how) you will reach your goal...keep up the good work, Sue.
clegate
on 12/7/06 10:02 am - Shelton, WA
Sue, Just curious. How is your sisiter doing? Did she reach goal and is it staying off? I am anxious about down the road a bit. Thanks, Carol
sunshine22
on 12/7/06 9:10 pm - Karrington, MN
My sister is going great. She is shorter than I am 5'1 and started this surery at around 230. Today she is around 130 and a good wt for her height. She stays with the program and watches her carb intake..keeps calories at a reasonable rate. Too much alcohol and snacking is what ruins this surgery for most people. I will be watching the program rules for life, and if you have that mind set you will be fine...Sue.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views