CONSTIPATION? miserable

Pam P.
on 11/30/06 5:20 am - LaGrange, GA
Hey buddies......are any of you having issues with constipation? Im miserable and I bet I could count on one hand how many "natural" movements I have had since surgery 8/28... If it wasnt for Fleet suppositories I would ever have movement.... I add Flax Seed oil to things and try to eat stimulating foods but ....no activation... anyone else have this issue....and what do you do?
Ms.Traci C.
on 12/1/06 4:11 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Oh Pam, Do I feel your pain! I had bad bad constipation issues!!! All due to my low water/fluid intake. I have since turned around...no idea how it happened but it feels good to go "naturally" again. I was told to increase my fiber intake....I used Benefiber, started adding more low carb vegetables...and also increased my exercise. I also drink two glasses on hot tea everyday and I usually "go" right after that...smile! Good Luck! Traci
Karen S.
on 12/2/06 12:54 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha Pam.....I had a couple of weeks of misery myself, and just had to do something about it. I tried Benefiber in my shakes...nadda. Then I tried colace stool softeners...helped, but didn't fix it. Then I tried taking two magnesium citrate tablets a day, PLUS 3 colace capsules (get them at Costco), and now I am very regular, and even with all that help, the stools are still very firm and would have been killer painful without the magnesium and colace. I guess it's from all the protein we are eating and the low amount of veggies, fruit, etc. Good luck...I hope this helps. Aloha nui loa, KarenS
cowangel
on 12/2/06 3:18 am - Grovetown, GA
I started Zelnorm last night, my heavens it works quick, and all night long however you take it twice a day,.. i took it this am and it didn't have as severe an effect.. I'm not nearly as bloated as I have been, that's a true comfort.
sunshine22
on 12/7/06 4:42 am - Karrington, MN
I mix fibersure in with anything...it works great....Sue.
LovelyLoser
on 12/8/06 11:18 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Yeah, I have it, hate it and feel for anyone else with it. I have been using Smooth Move Tea and it does seem to be helping. I get it at GNC and I have seen it in my grocery store. I tried flax seed in yogurt but I kept feeling like I had grit in my teeth. I must be doing ti wrong. Best to you, Annette RNY 8/21/06 270/198/130-ish
Linda S.
on 12/27/06 2:05 am - PHOENIX, AZ
2 Tablespoons of all natural prune juice gets the job done. My nut recommended this. Happy sailing!
mom2angel
on 12/29/06 11:04 am - Big Spring, TX
Pam, I started having it about a month and a half ago. I started with the Benefiber, and it says to put 1 tablespoon in your beverage, but I put 2 tablespoons, and I guess about after 4 days I was "normal" and have been ever since, I do not go with out my Benefiber! Bekah
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views