3 months out and slow weight loss

bamaflorist
on 11/25/06 10:38 pm - Northport, AL
Hey everyone I had my surgery on aug 21 and to this day i have lost 44 lbs i think that is a slow weight loss i have lost 46 in so i think that might help some i have read how so many have lost so much more than me but i know everyone is different but it gets discourage when i know i am not eating much and still only lose 1 to 2 pounds a week i thought when i had this surgery that it would come off quicker i get upset i feel good but i want it to up my weight loss any suggestions i do my vitiamins and protien what else can i do i exercise too any help?????Karen
Lisa G.
on 11/26/06 1:48 am - Des Moines, IA
I am in the same boat. I have lost 45 pounds 55 including the 10 before surgery. I sure htought it would come off easier. I work out 5 days a week solid I eat about 500-600 calories a day, I get my water and protein in. Most people have told me to increase my water and protein to increase my loss. However, I have a hard time getting in the minimum let alone increase it. I have also heard to increase calories, but again, I can barely get in the 500-600 so anything more I would be miserable. So I just take it that I am a slow loser and on the bright side think that maybe my skin will have time to catch up some and I won't have as much saggy skin when I reach my goal! If you hear any good ideas let me know!
LEAH W.
on 11/26/06 10:27 pm - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I have read a lot of people say to increase your protein, water etc. I know how hard that can be. There are days when I'm only getting in 500 calories. Then there are days when I can get in 700 or a little more. One thing that has helped me lose a few extra pounds when on a stall was a plateau buster diet. I ate mostly protein for 5-6 days. No more than 20 grams of carbs and I did up my water and protein because protein was mostly all I ate. I know it's frustrating! Hang in there guys!
clegate
on 11/27/06 9:29 am - Shelton, WA
I had a stall in Oct. and got a little discouraged. Someone on the boards suggested I read this article and it helped a great deal. Seems that I had accidentally changed my multi-vitamin to one that didn't have some of the needed trace minerals. Once I changed to one that did, I started loosing again. I carefully read through each suggestion and honestly answered them with myself. Hope it helps. http://obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/action,replies/board_id,4856/topic_id,3051460/cat_id,44 56/a,messageboard/ Another thing I do is to journal absolutely everything I eat. I use www.fitday.com to do this and it keeps me on track. I read somewhere that people who do food journals are better weight loosers than those who don't. If you're not journaling maybe this will help too. This works for me. It may be that this is normal for you. I know for me I have never been this successful loosing weight before and celebrate every pound lost. You're doing great. Don't get discouraged. If it takes you longer than some to get to your goal, so what. You'll still get there and most importantly, you'll be healthier! Good luck, Carol
Pam P.
on 11/28/06 2:45 am - LaGrange, GA
Hey ladies...........same here........surgery 8/28 and only down 40 pounds so far...but I have gone from a tight 22 to a 14...........and XL to a medium in shirts...so inches wise Im melting but scale wise not so lucky. Im bored with food.........dont care for anything at all so any food or drink is a chore for me........I know that slows my loss when I dont get everything in but when Im busy at work I find myself trying to 8pm to get my totals in for the day...so I stay up until 12:30am just to get something in..............silly I know. Good Luck you guys... oh speakin of skin my tummy is beginning to irritate me with the slight sag..........I pray that goes away soon...this "rash" issue is getting to me.
Fabat50
on 11/28/06 9:54 pm - Port Charlotte, FL
You are all doing great. Don't beat yourself up about the rate of weight loss. There are several factors to consider. First....the more you have to lose, the quicker you will lose it. On the other hand, the less you have to lose, the closer to ideal body weight you will get. There are trade offs. When you see enormous weight loss, that individual may have double the weight to lose that you do. Also, when you work out, especially those who have become compulsive exercisers, you are replacing fat with muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so even though the numbers are slow,the fitness and percent body fat is improving. Slow and steady wins the race. Best wishes to all. Netta
Ms.Traci C.
on 11/29/06 10:44 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Karen, I am like you a slow looser but I am okay with that. Believe me I was sad....so sad that it just didn't drop off...smile! I have been exercising as much as my work schedule will allow...usually 3-4 times a week. I was told to add 10-15 minutes of another exercise to my routine and I did and I dropped 10 pounds. This week I intend to go up another level on the treadmill( I usually do 30 minutes) and now I add another 15 minutes of cardio...rowing, arc trainer, bicycle etc. I also work out with a trainer twice a week which is the best money I have ever spent! My size isn't changing much but my blood pressure is normal and my stamina is amazing.....I am so grateful!!! My problem continues to be getting in enough fluid! I struggle everyday with this! Hugs and the Best of Luck to everyone!!! Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views