3 months out how much are you able to eat?

sheree
on 11/16/06 8:38 pm - arlington, TX
I'm just getting so frustrated and ready to give up. I follow all the rules excercise and all that stuff but the scale is not MOVING!!!!! I have lost 48lbs since 08/04 surgery. I'm not even looking for drastic moves just a couple of lbs a week. I feel like my pouch is the size of a tennis ball at least and that's more food than want to eat...
Lisa G.
on 11/17/06 2:36 am - Des Moines, IA
I understand your frustration. I have lost 43 lbs since my surgery on 8-29. I often feel like I am eating too much or able to drink too much in one swallow. Although I measure my food most of the time and I am only able to take in 3.5 oz of food at a meal. I work out 5 days a week 2 of those with a trainer, so what I am hearing is I need to increase my protein and water then the scale will move. How are you doing with water and protein??
CsernaRN
on 11/18/06 11:34 am
Hi, my surgery was 8/15. I am eating about 4-5 ounces, depends on food type really. I have weeks where the scale doesn't move, then I'll lose a few pounds. I know it is hard but hang in there! Those scales will move! You are doing great!!
Sharon B.
on 11/20/06 12:03 am - Monroe, LA
Don't get discouraged!! You're doing great!! I had surgery on 8/28 and as of today I've lost 36 lbs. I lost a chunk the first two weeks and then EXACTLY 2 lbs. a week ever since. No plateaus, no big losses - just 2 lbs a week. At first I was frustrated but then I decided that at least I wasn't putting ON two lbs a wee****ep your chin up- you're actually doing a LOT better than I am.
dstlady6
on 11/23/06 3:27 am - WILKE-BARRE, PA
I know this is easier said than done, but try not to get discouraged or too frustrated. I know, I try not to get too down when I read that someone has lost close to 100 lbs by now and just remember that everyone's body is different and that the weight WILL come off as long as you stay focused and committed to your goals. If you can stand it, try one of those infamous protein trains. From what I've read, it really seems to help some people get past the plateaus. Another DS'er told me that "going back to the basics" (the liquid/soft foods post-surgery diet) helps the scale to move too. Hope this helps! Lady T.
Rosem
on 11/23/06 3:02 pm - Summerville, SC
What is a infamous protein train? I had surgery aug. 7 have lost 60 but get very discouraged when I see people that have lost 100 when I have weeks I dont lose at all.
Pam P.
on 11/28/06 4:04 am - LaGrange, GA
my surgery was 8/28 and I have lost 40.....and have been stuck at 190 for over a month...but my sizes are dropping quick..from a 22 to a 12/14...THAT is amazing! So while I want to be depressed about the scale I try to tell myself to stop looking at it....sounds like we all are in the 40 - 55 range....so that helps me not be so upset about it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views