hey guys What to Eat

newme2be
on 11/10/06 11:53 pm - braselton, GA
guess im just getting tired of the things ive been eating and wonder what everyone else is eating, maybey i can get some new ideas or we all can. so what did you eat this week
Lisa G.
on 11/11/06 3:33 am - Des Moines, IA
i'm with you. I don't think I can eat another bite of chicken or fish. I find I eat the same thing everyday! Nothing sounds good except for all the things I can't have!
LovelyLoser
on 11/11/06 3:54 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I went through that too. I have tried a few things that are good; certain types of Lean Cuisines are low in carbs, are quick and easy and taste good, Dame Tooter has some great recipes that I have tried and frozen portions to re-heat and eat later (soemtimes re-heated foods get dry and cause trouble so I re-heat carefully). I have been makign a delicious treat lately too, sf chocolate pudding with protein powder mixed in then partially mixed with equal amount of sf low fat Cool Whip. Its chocolate mousse and is soooo good. Im looking forward to other responses, when Im bored I definately choose easy things like Wheat Thins and cheese, not the best although not the worst either.
cowangel
on 11/11/06 6:41 am - Grovetown, GA
funny you should say the wheat thin and cheese thing, cause i am sitting here eating cheese stick and soy crisps... the soy crisps do have protein in them so that helps...I did have about 6 pistachios earlier while i was raking our yard...I bought the nastiest viatmin stuff from gnc... you put two scoops in your protein shake it's really good for you but i gagged ... it made me miserable while i drank my shake and i love my protein shakes... it was $40.00 for the can... a big mistake
brebutterflylily
on 11/17/06 2:27 am - Wichita Falls, TX
Just a quick note...GNC has a return policy...you just have to have the receipt. They will take it even if it is open...as long as it was only a scoop or so.
cowangel
on 11/21/06 10:41 am - Grovetown, GA
awesome, thanks for telling me that... that stuff is gross... I'm taking it back
LEAH W.
on 11/11/06 7:45 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I'm starting to get kind of bored too. I tried something a little different today I had a tablespoon of peanut butter and a little bit of sugar free strawberry jelly. I just mixed it up and ate it off the spoon. That was what I had for breakfast. I know that wasn't the best choice but it wasn't like the breakfast that I used to eat. I made some skyline chili for lunch. It was pretty good. Earlier this week I tried a pork chop on the george foreman grill. It was good. I honestly don't know what else to eat. I haven't been cleared for salads yet so I can't eat that. I'm hoping that when I go back to the surgeon's office they will let me start eating some. I could go for a nice grilled chicken or shrimp salad. Sorry I wasn't more help!
AlliP
on 11/11/06 9:11 am - Thornton, CO
Well yesterday I had part of my husbands gyros. I mainly just ate the lamb and cheese. Lamb has a lot of protien in it. It was great. I too am sick of beef and chicken and fish. This was a nice alterative. I did have a bite of the pita to. Today I had one smoked rib at a party, also high in protien.
LEAH W.
on 11/11/06 9:15 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Interesting! I used to love gyros pre-op. I bet I could eat it without the bread. Come to think of it, there may be some lamb chops in the freezer. I'm going to have to look and see!
newme2be
on 11/12/06 8:59 pm - braselton, GA
thanks for the replys i think ill try a pork chop today and the cheese with sauce sounds like an easy lunch and a gyro wow ill try that too soon as i get a chance ,,,, once again thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views