What did you eat the first time you went out after surgery?

cowangel
on 11/5/06 12:30 am - Grovetown, GA
I went out to dinner Friday night with my husband to a restaurant here in Martinez, FATZ... It was my fav before surgery... I had the grilled shrimp /vegie skewers and one stuffed mushroom... I was able to eat 5 grilled shrimp, 1/2 piece asparagus and 1/2 piece squash, and then a very small stuffed mushroom as an appetiser.. Not sure how to figure in the calories or whatever but the good news is nothing made me sick!!
paksmiley
on 11/5/06 7:18 am - Spring Lake Park, MN
I was still on pureed foods the first time I went to a restaurant after surgery. I had chili, and asked for it to be more liquid than chunks, then I put a little sour cream in it. My husband finished the chunks for me. Patty - Open RNY 8/9/06
LEAH W.
on 11/5/06 7:44 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
The first time I went out to eat after surgery I went to eat n park. I had the chili. I ordered a small cup and couldn't fini**** all. I went bowling with my friends over the weekend and they ordered pizza and wings. I a the cheese off of one slice of pizza and had one hot wing drummette.
cowangel
on 11/7/06 8:20 am - Grovetown, GA
i loved chicken wings... how did you do with that? I would love to have a lemon pepper drummette... but chicken makes me sick...
LEAH W.
on 11/7/06 8:27 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I love lemon pepper! So far I've been able to tolerate most forms of chicken. The drumettes don't give me a problem but I can only eat maybe two and I leave a lot of meat on the bone most times. When I make the wings at home I just throw them in the oven. I try to use some kind of marinade so that the chicken comes out nice and soft. I hope you are able to tolerate chicken soon. I know how hard it is when you can't eat something you really like!
Julie122780
on 11/5/06 8:41 am
My boyfriend and I went to Costco and we got some pizza and I ate some melted cheese off the top and I ended up running to the bathroom and dodging past some other customers to get to the toilet just in the nick of time. I get sick almost every day since my surgery, I do have an ulcer though which is healing. We will see what happens. Julie (RNY 8/3/06) -70 lbs
ohiostar
on 11/5/06 11:41 pm - Lancaster, OH
Sounds like you made a great choice. I love shrimp. Hubby is allergic so I can only get it when we go out. Dianna
cowangel
on 11/7/06 8:23 am - Grovetown, GA
my hubby can't have it cause cholesterol is horrible... he's not heavy but is on two meds for the hc... yep it was good, the shrimp was seasoned very well
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/06 11:31 am - Elizabethtown, IN
we went to Chilis , Brocli. soup and we=as about soup are the best thing for mr or apple sauce cottage
Ms.Traci C.
on 11/8/06 6:28 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
I had grilled Salmon and a piece of grilled veggie. Hugs, Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!