9 weeks out...What are you guys eating? and whats a good protein bar

Pam P.
on 11/2/06 3:12 am - LaGrange, GA
Hey guys.......looks like everyone is doing GREAT! My scale isnt moving but my body is melting so Im not gonna worry about it. I know I need to eat more, so Im looking for ideas and also good protein bars!
kbarrettx2
on 11/3/06 1:50 am - Temecula, CA
Hi: I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and they have a ton of protein bars. I bought three different kinds to try out and see which ones I like. They also have a protein drink called Worldwide Pure Protein that has 35 gr of protein, 2 gr carbs and 1 gr of sugar. They are not bad. I just ordered a case and they will have it for me tomorrow. They are $2.19 a can. I'm still not eating much, just liquid stuff, some chicken and oatmeal. Soup is ok too. I'm down 45 lbs and 52 in! Best of luck, Kelly
Pam P.
on 11/3/06 4:49 am - LaGrange, GA
Same here....congrats on your loss...you are kickin my butt I wish I would have taken inches....I know Im "melting" but dont know my beginning measurements.....I pray my doctor did them for me...I simply cant recall.
burgundylady2003
on 11/3/06 6:18 am - small town, Canada
Hey Pam, good to hear from you, sounds like you are doing great. It is funny, I have been able to eat most foods...even some I should not, and do not dump. I have been losing steadily except at week 3 and 4 where I stalled. So far I have lost 40 to 45 pounds (not sure cause it is not 'official'). My latest challenge was Hallowe'en candy, but that has passed and I am doing ok. I always have some friends in and I even had a half glass of wine and was ok with that. Lately though I have become lazy about eating...not sure if I am coming down with something but I just don't want to eat. I did just have some shrimp and seafood sauce after only eating an orange all day. I like drinking tea, and have the odd protein drink. Before I was eating more, and now I feel like maybe some of the others did, I have to almost force myself to eat or else just do not bother. Strange. I know I should be writing things down or using fitday but it seems I am just too busy...I can feel myself getting into a rut...dont have time to exercise either! I hate it when I get too busy to take care of myself! I know I need to do better but I tell myself...when I get this done...or after I do this...then I will exercise/journal/eat more...yadayada yada Does anyone have back pain?? mine has really been giving me grief since surgery...I have been to the chiropractor a couple of times and a couple of massages too..only provides temporary relief. anyway...just reading over my post...not sure I answered your question, but needed to vent...and need to get back on the wagon and look after myself! I hope you are too! Cindy
Pam P.
on 11/6/06 5:09 am - LaGrange, GA
Thanks guys.....sounds like you all are doing GREAT! and of course you are all kickin my butt with the scale..........but.....guess what.........my friend brought me in some FOURTEENS...........(yes! Its not a typo.....14's) and they fit......... I simply cant believe it.........size 22 on 8/28 and 14/16 today...WOW!!! so Ive vowed to ignore the scale for now......... Back pain.......YES I do........thats weird you mention that Cindy...where does yours hurt? mine is bottom left and some days my lower spine......weird Constipation is my worst deal...I am finding now that I am trying to actually EAT something that I am attempting to have "natural" movements, but they still need "help" to pass..............OUCH!
smtysgrl06
on 11/4/06 10:26 am - FORT MEADE, MD
Hi Pam, I am currently 11 weeks out and for me it**** or miss with food. I try new things and if they don't work well or make me feel bad I eliminate that off my list. It seems only things with white flour, foods with sugar over 5gms per serving, creamy foods and certain fish don't work well. I can do anywhere from 4-6oz per meal. I have not tried fried foods, anything cooked with grease or graveys. I still do my 2 protien drinks per day and make sure I drink lots of water. I am also excersing no less then 3 times per week even when I am traveling with my job which is a lot. I too stalled at weeks 3-4 but I have lost 57.7 lbs and 87.7 overall inches...so keep trying until you find what works for you. Rose
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/06 11:44 am - South of Boston, MA
Hi all... I also went to trader Joe's as well as GNC and I drink the Worldwide protein drinks 2 a day. Banana cream is my favorite. I find that i am able to eat steak without a problem at all and eat salad fine as well. i don't know about inches, because i never really measured myself to begin with, but I am down 50 lbs as of today and I am feeling well physically. I can't complain. Glad to see everyone is doing well... Take care
cowangel
on 11/5/06 12:24 am - Grovetown, GA
Hey, what is the name of the protein drink you buy at GNC? Worldwide? Have you tried the Isopure drinks? they look like Gatorade? 40g/20oz... they're really really good... We had surgery the same day, I didn't measure either, have lost 64 pounds as of thursday... I'm getting flaky on the exercise thing, I did get up and walk 30 mins today though... I woke up last night hungry and got some cheese... That scares me cause it seems like I might be heading back to the bingy thing... I really don't eat much at all during day, Yesterday I had two protein shakes, and a couple spoonfulls of chksalad from chic filet, and 1 tsp pb/on some soy crisps...., I need to reevaluate what I'm eating and when.
Ms.Traci C.
on 11/8/06 6:26 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Pam, How are you? Well, I have no problems eating anything. I have tried dessert once simply because someone made it especially for me...and I didn't dump. Other than that I have been eating good healthy foods. The weight is coming off slowly...I really noticed a change the last two weeks. The scale has moved slowly as well. Surprisingly, my sizes are changing much...other than my shift size. The boobs are going away fast. People tell me that I should just sit back and enjoy....maybe the extra skin will be less since I am moving slowly. I use the Adkins Advantage protein bars. Take care! Traci
Jen F.
on 11/13/06 7:29 am - Minneapolis, MN
I just had my 3 month appointment and was told I could eat anything. I was told that bread is a nutrition-free food and probably the source of some of my weight issues, so not adding bread is probably a good idea. I do not eat any protein bars or meal-replacements. I drink a lot of milk to get my protein and fluids in. Other than that, I eat just about anything. SuperTarget sells skewered, marinated meat (pork, beef, chicken). I'll make one of those and eat it over a couple of meals. I had tuna salad the other day. I'm loving sashimi (like sushi, but without the rice).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views