two questions....

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/06 3:57 am
I hate comparing myself to others and I get frustrated too. I have one friend who had surgery 2 weeks ahead of me and is down 20 more pounds and a coworker that had hers a month after me and is already at my current loss. I know they have had problems so I guess I would rather lose it slowly then to have problems. Congrats on the 40lbs.
kix
on 11/1/06 4:20 am - CO
I had surgery on 8/14 and have lost 55 lbs, which is less than a friend of mine who had her surgery a month later, in September. I did lose a bunch of weight pre-op, so I wasn't expecting any huge weight losses immediately, just a steady drop. I have hit a plateau, I did not lose any weight this week. I'm already worried that it is more than just a plateau, that I won't lose any more weight. Stupid, I know. I'm a worrier by nature. I don't know about seeds or nuts, but that's an excellent question to ask my WLS counselor at next week's visit. Kix 530/407/352/???
HeatherKris
on 11/1/06 10:58 pm - Tulsa, OK
I had my surgery on Aug 1, 2006....to date I have lost 56 pounds. I consider myself a slow looser since most everyone I know who has had the surgery by this time had already lost 70+. But when I break it down, I have lost about 20 a month. At this rate, being 3 months out, if I can loose 20 pounds a month in about 8 months, I will be at my target weight.
free2006
on 11/12/06 10:35 am - gallatin, TN
Dani, we all lose at different levels in fact I started out a large loser then stopped for 2 weeks but then kicked back in I would have preffered to be slow and steady because 2 wks of not losing is frustrating. With that said I will say that my dr and several people out here told me to stick with teh protein and water and that has kept me losing faster then I ever did before and the only reason i bring this up is because you asked about the seeds. I ate the other "allowed" stuff before but when i stuck to the protein and water it has been coming off very fast about 5-10 a week with me working out 2-3 days a week. i hope this helps.
PMedic8991
on 11/13/06 3:01 am - Joppatown, MD
Hello all...I just got back from my 3-month appointment. Had surgery on 08.10. My highest weight was 396 and as of today I am down to 324...so, 78 pounds. I hear that the heavier you were before surgery, the faster you loose. I am also eating no carbs, no sugar, high protein and working out 5 days a week. We have a gentleman at my work who was easily near 500 and had the surgery 3 months before me...we have lost almost the same amout of weight, so I am contributing my weight loss to all of my work outs and eating habits. I have started sunflower seeds without any problems.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views