two questions....

Danielle S.
on 10/29/06 2:45 pm - brunssum, Netherlands
Hi all, i have some general questions for you all! 1. Is anyone else a slow looser? I had surgery on 8-8-06 and have only(and i hate saying that word) lost 40lbs. And i hate to compare myself to others, but "everyone" else that had surgey around the same time has lost 50-70lbs already. Any input would be great, even if its negative...LOL 2. Have you all heard wether or not we can have seeds? like pumpkin, sunflower ect??? Thanks guys, Dani
awebster
on 10/29/06 3:11 pm - leeds, AL
Congratulations on your weight loss I had my surgery 8-1-2006, and to date I have only lost 48 pounds.I'm gratful because without the surgery I couldn't have lost that.And then too,we probaly don't need to lose too fast because I don't want to be one of those people that sags,and looks unhealthy.
Tanya-RN
on 10/29/06 8:56 pm - Spring, TX
Dani, First of all, let me congrat you on the 40lbs!!!!!!!! You go girl when have you ever lost that much in 10-12 weeks?????????? I had surgery 8/2/06 and have lost 49 pounds ( I started to type ONLY) Get that out of your vocabulary someone else already told me. I am what they call a light weight and like you, my friends here who had surgery around the same time are losing 50-60lbs they have to lose more than me. My friend Dana suggested going to the Lightweight forum and that helped me big time. Check it out Seeds- no idea sorry... Hugs, Tanya 252/203/140 8/2/06 Lap RNY
burgundylady2003
on 10/29/06 8:56 pm - small town, Canada
Hi there, I think you are doing fine with the weight loss, try not to compare. I too have lost more slowly than others. Remember they dont want you to lose too rapidly. As for the seeds, we carved pumpkins last night...I roasted the seeds with seasoning salt...it was yummy! I did not eat the shells though but as for me I think pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds are a good source of protein. Nuts are a good choice when I am out and about and have nothing to choose at the sports venues etc. have a good day, Cindy
LEAH W.
on 10/30/06 3:02 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I might be considered a slow loser also. I had surgery on 8/25/06 and at my first monthy checkup I had lost 40 pounds. I don't think I've lost anything since then. But I am losing inches (some of my clothes are baggy). I go to the gym at least 3-4 times each week and I get my protein in every day. Most days I get way more than my surgeons required amount. I'm still struggling with the water but I am getting oh so close! So although I may be considered a slow loser I'm not going to give up. I think if I keep doing the right things the weight HAS to come off!
Sharon B.
on 10/30/06 6:54 am - Monroe, LA
I had my surgery on 8/28 and I've lost 31 pounds. I try not to get discouraged, I havn't plateaued at all but I only loose 2 lbs. a week (although this week I lost 3). I'm a "lightweight". I started out at 5'7" and 240 lbs. so maybe that has something to do with it. I get in all my protein and water, walk every day and I'm about to start weights at the gym. I really feel like I've lost less than anyone and I can't figure it out.
Pam P.
on 11/1/06 2:36 am - LaGrange, GA
Same here....slow loser....surgery 8/28 and have only lost 31 pounds and the scale bounces back up daily... I have gone 4 weeks with NO LOSS then last week it finally dropped back down to what it was at 4 weeks out....then this morning its back up a few pounds. I know I dont eat enough or drink enough.....they say that really matters... But I was told I would be a slow loser its just hard to accept. My highest was 248 and Im 195 (I guess) so I will take that..... I lost 20 before surgery and feel like I have to count that when telling people what I have lost cause they expect me to loose more than 31 pounds since surgery. Lets be strong ladies.........at least inches are dropping...Im wearing 16's and was in a 22! I thank God for that! So what all are you guys eating? Im 9 weeks out this week
Lookin2Lose
on 10/30/06 9:43 am - AL
I think that your weight loss is pretty normal for those of us who are lightweights. I had my surgery the day after yours, and as of today, I've lost 48 lbs. I just keep thinking "when did I last lose 48 lbs. in this amount of time???" I use Yahoo Diet Tracker, and it really helped when I put in my weight on Sunday, and saw that I was 49% of the way to my doctor's goal, and 41% of the way to my personal goal. We may lose slower, but it's because we have less to lose!
Ms.Traci C.
on 10/31/06 12:17 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi ! Congratulations on your weight loss!! I understand your concerns!! I too am a slow looser. I am happy to feel better and to be able to move without pain. I would love to be in a smaller size but that will happen soon...and my skin isn't that bad yet. Yes, we can have sees. Hugs, Traci
anna1916
on 10/31/06 9:42 am - Bellmawr, NJ
I had my surgery on 8/1/06, and I am down 74 pounds so far. BUT - a lot of solid food seems to bother me - either it doesn't taste good or it gets stuck. Most of what I eat is soup or flaky fish. I am not eating vegetables yet - I've tried a few and had negative results. I am drinking my protein shakes and working on the water. I joined a gym, and was going often until the kids got into their full back to school schedule - now it's just hard for me to get there (I also have a one year old at home). As a result, I've had a huge slowdown - I actually went close to 3 weeks stuck at one weight, and then have lost about 10 since I started seeing the scale move again. We all have different roads to travel - don't worry about not being at the same point as someone else. You're doing awesome!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views