Halloween Candy Blues! No DUMPING

burgundylady2003
on 10/28/06 1:21 am - small town, Canada
OK, confession time. I have a hard time with the halloween chocolate bars and candies. And I am actually disappointed as I do not dump with sugar or fats. I had RYN on Aug 29th and doing pretty well I think. However, other than not being able to eat much (1/2 cup usually at a meal) I do not have restrictions on what I can eat. Now before you rake me over the coals for eating candy , I know I know already. I should not eat them. I should not have them in the house...I know! And I have not eaten many....but I am thinking of this long term..and I am disappointed that I can eat any at all. It seems to me that others dump on sugar/fats and can not have that stuff at all...or is it that you are better with will power than me? (dont answer that...haha) Anyway, do I have a question here? I guess my question is this, do you dump with sugars/fat? am I unusual not to? Cindy Live love laugh and Learn
ohiostar
on 10/28/06 4:31 am - Lancaster, OH
I've only eaten a few bites of sweets but have not dumped. I've afraid to eat more because I don't want to know I don't dump. I hope I dump on more. It is so hard to do without. I made Jim take all the candy to church so I would stay out of it. Dianna
cowangel
on 10/28/06 5:20 am - Grovetown, GA
Aughhhhhhhh... We have $20.00 worth of candy downstairs in my kitchen.. as we expect about 100 kids tuesday night...and are having folks over so they can take their kids out in my neighborhood... I don't even usualy do the Trick or Treat thing cause no kids etc and really as a Christian I try not to support it. on the flip side, I think we can make all activities for kids corrupt if we try hard enough so go pick your battles... I have not been tempted by the candy yet... However, All they do at work is eat, and one of my friends made a key lime cake... I didn't do it cause I was afraid it would make me dump or be sic****ep telling myself.. It will make you sick... don't do it So If I don't do it , then I won't realize that it doesn't cause dumping... My thing right now is crackers.. I found the walmart brand cheese triangles .. 2.5 fat, 10 carbs, and 2 protein for 12 crackers... I can eat about 6 at a time, (their tiny) but then go back for the second serving a few minutes later. It satiates me, however I don't want to get back into that bingeing/snacky thing....It's 90 calories for 12 crackers
LEAH W.
on 10/31/06 10:22 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I've been hooked on wheat thins. They are really small and I'm sure the serving size is around 15 crackers. But at 140 calories and 21 carbs, I just can't afford to keep eating them. I have 6-7 for a snack and then later on, I'll have the other serving. Those are the only things that I eat that I probably shouldn't. I haven't even been tempted with sweets.
Ms.Traci C.
on 10/29/06 9:02 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Cindy, I don't dump on fats or sugars either. I have had a few things this weekend.....but I am okay with not dumping. I need to learn to do things in moderation and be healthy. Since you can't control it YET....get the candy out of the house. We still have a long way to go. The answer is no...I don't dump off of fats or sugars. Hugs, Traci
Sharon B.
on 10/30/06 7:00 am - Monroe, LA
I don't know if I dump on sugar and fat, I've been scared to try any. I ate one of my husbands fried shrimp at the beach last week and that did okay but it was really small. I'm way to scared to try sugar, I kind of wish I would dump carbohydrates because that will be my downfall - give me a choice between fresh, hot bread and a candy bar and I'll take the bread anytime!!!
Betz
on 10/30/06 8:24 am - Cranston, RI
No raking over the coals, just my answer. I don't know because I am too afraid to try. I have not pushed the envelope. Dumping sounds abysmal and I plan to avoid the possibility as much as I can.
anna1916
on 10/31/06 9:38 am - Bellmawr, NJ
I'm too afraid to try also. I'm tempted, but the thought of dumping is keeping me on the straight and narrow. I just took out a little candy for the kids from their trick or treat bags. All the pretzels and chips they got have gone in the bucket of school lunch snacks. Everything else is going to school tomorrow, as they are collecting candy for the soup kitchen. It's gotta get outta here!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views