August 15: 51.5 down

Jen F.
on 10/27/06 5:13 am - Minneapolis, MN
I had an RNY on August 15, and I'm down 51.5 clothed which is 17.2% of my highest body weight. I've gone from 26/28 tops to 18/20 and 26/28 pants to 22 or 24 petite. I'm supposed to eat 43 grams of protein a day and 64 ounces of liquid, but I'm not able to get it all in. I'm on a multi-vitamin with minerals plus two prescriptions (not surgery related). I'm looking forward to starting an exercise program soon.
clegate
on 10/27/06 6:19 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Jen, My surgery was 8/8 and I'm down 58. Sounds like you're doing great. I can't get that much protein in either. I'm getting better with the water though. Good luck Carol
Jan C.
on 10/27/06 7:30 am - Cedar Creek, MO
i am suppose to be getting 90 grams of protein a day in , some days i am able to get 60 but only by using protein shakes. water is suppose to be 64 oz and i get maybe 40 a day but that is tops. my surgery was on the 14th so i just take it as i can. I still cant eat much. soups are the best bet for me. but can eat shrimp too. not a lot else. makes me really sick if i try other high protein things. One of these days i guess it will happen. Jan
ohiostar
on 10/28/06 4:36 am - Lancaster, OH
I had surgery 8/30. I'm getting in 60 grams of protein a day with the use of shakes and other protein drinks. I'm eating an average of about 600 calories a day. I am also having trouble getting in my water. Don't know why as I love water but I feel like I have to always drink, drink, drink. I've lost about 50 lbs which feels good. Dianna
cowangel
on 10/28/06 5:33 am - Grovetown, GA
I've lost 60 since 082206 my surgery date...I have concentrated today on fluids as I woke up a little swollen this morning, and I know that yesterday i didn't come close to what i was supposed to have. I do great with protein...70-90 grams a day that includes my shakes.. But the fluids... I wonder why we struggle with that so much? Have any of you tried the meatless fat free hotdogs? They're called "smart dogs" and are a vegetable dog? I bought some today and just had one... IT was pretty good , the texture is off a little, but it was something different. It has 9 grams of protein in it, and i had two cheese squares with it... so that made it about 17 grams.. not bad for lunch...
LEAH W.
on 10/28/06 10:41 pm - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Hi, I had my surgery on 8/25/06. At my one month appt, I was done 40. Haven't really weighed since then except once maybe at my pcp appt. I'm not sure if I've lost anything extra, but I did lose some inches. I can get in between 5-600 calories each day. I get all my protein betwee 50-70 grams. My surgeron would like between 50-60. I drink protein drinks sometimes. I am lucky as I have found some that I can tolerate. I also use protein pudding. I can tolerate mostly anything protein wise. I don't try to eat surgary things and I haven't had fried foods yet. Mostly I eat: Chicken breast Wing canned chicken shrimp fish ground meat ground turkey cheese yogurt (carb control) soy milk with some of my shakes fish -catfish, talipia and salmon For veges I eat Spaghetti squash Zuccini eggplant cucumbers cabbage Fruit melon strawberries I'd love to try grapes but I'm nervous about the skin The shakes/drinks that I drink so far are Body fortress (vanilla) walmart (it's okay, not great but tolerable) Fuzzy navel Roadside lemonade twisted cherry Crystal sky Carribean cooler I'm doing okay on my vitamins. I've changed up a couple of times. I bought some viactiv calcium, and viactiv multivitamins. I've read on here the debates about calcium carbonate/citrate however my surgeon and nutritionist feel that the cacium chews are fine, some people even do well on Tums. So what I've decided to do is use the calcium chews for one month and then switch to citrical for a month and back and forth. Once my labs come back I'll be able to see what's going on I guess. Iron is really hard on my belly so I've been taking it every other day. I take the vitamin c, zink and b-12 every day plus my actigall. I joined the gym and am able to go 3-4 times each week. Overall I'm feeling pretty good and do not regret my decision to have the surgery. I'm looking forward to the new me this summer!
Ms.Traci C.
on 10/29/06 8:59 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Everyone! I am able to get all my protein in mostly through food. I drink one protein drink a day made with milk. My protein intake averages 75-80 grams. The fluid intake gets better daily...thank goodness. I drink herbal tea, green tea and grapefruit crystal light....and of course water. Everything has to be ice cold for me to drink it. I get all my vitamins in daily and use a chewable calcium supplement. I go for my 12 week check up in November. I would love to be down 50 pounds....but who knows. I went away this weekend for the first time since surgery and was able to eat everything in moderation....so happy that I didn't get sick. Hugs, Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views