surgery was august 14th

Jan C.
on 10/24/06 10:33 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
I am now down -43 pounds.wow would would have ever thought that? Not me. I am down from size 22s to size 18s My first goal after surgey was to be down below 200 by my birthday . WEll i think i will get there my birthday isnt until the last of January and i only have 15 pounds to lose before then. wow. at the rate i am losing right now which is about 3 pounds a week i should be down to about 170 by then . that would be great. but i wont put that sort of pressure on my self . I am still sticking to less than 200 by my birthday . and if i go below 200 before then will just put another goal out there that is easily obtained that way i dont sit myself up for failure. Have any of your gotten the crave to munch on somthing sweet and crunchy or on something salty and cruncy? got a solution . Rice cakes now come in all sort of flavors . small amount of them are going to be fine. the mimi about 10 of them have like 20 carbs but no sugar and no fat. they are pretty good for a treat. wouldnt want to eat them all the time but 2 or 3 for a special little treat are really good. Jan
ohiostar
on 10/25/06 1:23 am - Lancaster, OH
I'm impressed with your goals for yourself. You are keeping them so realistic. So many of us want the weight to come off immediately and expect to lose 30 lbs a month. You are doing awesome. Thanks for confirming to me that I must set realistic and attainable goals. It will come off if I do the right things. I also have been craving crunchy. I found some South Beach Diet breakfast bars. 140 calories but 10 grams of protein. It was to die for. Dianna
Jan C.
on 10/25/06 11:27 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
I learned long ago to always wehn you are setting goals for your self, that you set your hoped for goal as the main object and then to set small attainable goals along the way. If you dont you will get discouraged and want to give up but if you make the goals attainable you will be happy and pleased with your self and want to continue on. The surgery in the first year is mainly 80 percent surgery, 20% you the second year is about 50/50 and after that it is 20%surgery and 80% you so it is important that you acquire good habits the first two years. Jan
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/06 11:54 pm - South of Boston, MA
Congratulations on such a promising start !!! You have the right attitutde and I am sure you will reach your goals !! Thanks for reminding us that we need to make our goals attainable, and reaslistic.. Good luck on the rest of your journey.
cowangel
on 10/28/06 5:37 am - Grovetown, GA
congratulations... I've lost 60 since 082206 , however I was quite abit heavier.. my starting weight is 338, i'm down to 278'ish right now, haven't weighed since tuesday... Have you tried the Soy snaks? they're similar to rice cakes but made from soy, and diff flavors.. they have alot less carbs and more protein.. they're really really good
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views