I am 8 weeks out .... what are you eating

ehartenb
on 10/24/06 2:12 pm - Toronto, Canada
Hi folks - Sherryl -- re: other things to mix with eggs / tuna ... try l/f cottage cheese with some small diced cucumber. Then you don't need mayo at all. ---or --- plain s/f yoghurt. That also works really well. If you haven't been doing so, also try to find "ultra low fat" mayo. In Canada, Hellman's makes this. It could be the fat content that is getting to you. I too cannot tolerate chicken or tuna. Hamburger (Lean) -- in chili -- is a saviour for me. Cottage cheese, refried beans, those string cheese things. Yoghurt. This weekend -- as I mark my 8 wks. anniversary -- I cooked in my slow cooker some boneless pork tenderloins with cr. mushroom soup & cut up mushrooms. YUM. Nice & tender, 1/2c. for a meal & it goes down nicely. I did find the first 5 wks. really tough -- I don't want to see anything pureed again for a very long time But moving into soft foods was good ... I am now able to get my protein count in each day. Water continues to be a struggle, though I come close most of the time. With reaching protein goals finally, I am finding my energy levels are creeping back up. I still feel that I am spending my days thinking about / prepping for / then eating the darn food though! I am starting to get hungry feelings though, and find I am now wanting to eat. (first 4wks, yuck - it was a struggle to even want to eat) Anyhow -- Good luck everyone! Remember - sip sip walk walk protein protein vitamins vitamins. ttfn - ElizH
Patricia R.
on 10/24/06 2:10 pm - Perry, MI
We have the same surgery date. I am eating most anything. I can't do orange juice, as that just makes me want to puke. I also can't do pizza yet. The cheese and sauce sent me into fat dumping. Other than that, I can tolerate almost anything. My weight loss is only 27 pounds, but my doc is pleased. He wanted 10% by week 6, and I exceeded that goal by losing 17%. I have been blessed by not vomiting since my surgery. Hugs, Trish
PMedic8991
on 10/25/06 5:02 am - Joppatown, MD
My surgery was 8/10 and I am down a little more than 80 pounds! I am eating almost anything...I still have problems with shrimp and steak, even if I chew, chew, chew. Everything else goes down fine. I still have to force myself to eat, as I am hardly ever hungry. I do fine with my fluids and protein (I sip down an Isopure once I get home till the time I go to bed). Bloodwork has been coming back fine...so, I have a feeling that eventually I will get hungry again. Les
LEAH W.
on 10/25/06 7:11 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Today is actually my 2 month surgiversary. I'm still trying with the fluids. I hope that one day, that will not be an issue!
Tanya-RN
on 10/25/06 7:35 pm - Spring, TX
I had my RNY on 8/2 and am now 12 weeks post op. I have lost 46 pounds since the day of surgery and 55lbs from pre-op diet. I am 64 pounds from goal. Here is what I eat: shrimp, crab legs and ct fish ( seafood goes down the best for me and has soooo much protein) steak, pork chops, and a tiny amt of ground hamburger for spagetti and slp dishes. I do not eat alot of vegetables just cause I am so focused on protein, but do enjoy, brocolli, green beans, squash and a potato maybe 3 times since surgery. I also enjoy mango's, cantalope and strawberries for treats rarely and sf popsicles. I am lactose intolerant since surgery so no milk. I can do yogurt for protein shakes. I can not tolerate chicken, eggs and milk products. I have never dumped and dont plan to lol. I have thrown up from eating too quickly or trying those listed items. I still work out and have so much more energy!!!!! hugs, Tanya
pattyg
on 10/26/06 11:32 pm - Springfield, IL
I had surgery August 1st and am 12 weeks out. I can eat practically anything in small portions. I have only gotten sick a couple times and it was becuase I did not chew well enough and ate to fast. I find myself eating more often as I get farther out (like 6 small meals a day) and I really need to get back to drinking my shakes for a couple meals to keep my protien intake up. I just reached onderland this morning and am now down 89 pounds!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views