I am 8 weeks out .... what are you eating

kbarrettx2
on 10/24/06 1:47 am - Temecula, CA
I am just curious as to what everyone is eating. I had my surgery on Aug 28 and I still am having major issues with food. Turkey and chicken make me throw up, some soft foods are ok like oatmeal (sometimes). I know I have a small stricture and an ulcer so I have to be careful. I am down 42 lbs and have 60 lbs to go. But I would really love some suggestions as to what others are doing. Thank you so much for your help. kelly
AlliP
on 10/24/06 1:49 am - Thornton, CO
I had surgery on Aug. 22nd. I am now eating steak, chicken, jerky, protein bars, yogurt, cheese, pork. The only thing that does not agree with me is eggs. I have had two stricutures, but hopefully I'm done with that!!!
debbyeforu
on 11/5/06 9:18 am - spring valley, CA
What are strictures. I am 9 weeks out and I have lot 59lbs.
jenny_jen
on 10/24/06 2:03 am - Baytown, TX
I had my surgery on August 22nd and am down 40lbs since day of surgery. I am able to eat just about anything that doesn't have a sugar content over 7 grams.......after 7 grams it is dump city, and yes, I test it often....my "fat brat" gets the best of me... I have had a hard time with a few things like beef sticks and sausage, anything with a casing around it. The only times I have vomited is when I have taken in too much liquid too fast. I have yet to get in a full 60 grams of protein a day and my water is an issue. I just started back to the gym last night..........I sure hope I stick with it. Highest Weight - 258 Day of Surgery - 236 As of 10/24 - 196 Goal - 140 (not set in stone yet)
Mary E.
on 11/30/06 6:34 am
Hi, I had my surgery n September 29, 2006 and I am down about 35 lbs. I am worried that I am eating too much. I log everything into fitday.com and I am averaging about 950 calories per day. I can eat 2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 oz. sausage for breakfast- I can eat 1 cup lasagna for dinner-w/ very little pasta in it. Do you think I have ruined my pouch? thanks Mary
jkfullerva
on 10/24/06 2:12 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I eat a lot of yogurt. Breyers light is low on sugar and high on protein. I also do the string cheese sticks I found some light ones with 9g of protein each. They are Frigo by sargento I think, I know the package is designed for kids they look like crayons. I am still having trouble with tuna but can eat just about any other meat if it is moist or has gravy. Salmon didn't do well but it was dry. Crab is high in protein and walmart had a foil packet of it that wasn't real expensive and I just put 2 squirts of spray butter on it and zapped it for 20 seconds and that went down well. What are you taking for your ulcer? Can't they treat the stricture? Push fluids. I hate most of the protein shakes Unjury isn't bad. Isopure is ok but I have to dilute it or I get stomach cramps. I do sugar free popsicles also I will be praying for you. Jenny
LEAH W.
on 10/24/06 3:54 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I can't eat mostly everything. I had my surgery on 8/25/06. My surgeon calls this stage phase III soft foods. I can eat chicken, turkey, fish (except for tuna) I've tried cabbage a few times cooked really soft. Zuccini steamd. Spaghetti squash and some eggplant. What I don't eat are noodles, potatoes
Pam P.
on 10/24/06 4:40 am - LaGrange, GA
Wow Kelly we had surgery the same day and you are going GREAT with your loss....me......not so great...Ive only lost 29 now...I had reached 31 but the scale started going back up.... So I challenge myself daily to EAT something and drink this dadgum water and finally the scale has started moving again... I cant eat anything even remotely dry...I dont waste my time with anything thick anymore... my latest craze is brunswick stew...it is already mush and gives me some protein...I just have to use less ketchup and SF BBQ sauce...and chili...I eat turkey chili almost every day. I find myself chewing some things and simply spitting them out cause Im scared to swallow them....crazy I know...but drinking too fast or that makes me miserable. I grill chicken all the time and cant eat a bite...even though its moist...I gag...so my family gets to enjoy it while I watch. I worry cause I really dont care....I dont care if I eat or not...but I must say CHEEZE is my savior...I live on it... the same stiks someone mentioned earlier....(sargento with the crayons on the outside) and the cubed colby/jack ...those are great...I have started to chew a few saltines with it sometimes...they go down great. I finally got the nerve to try peanut butter....it goes down GREAT..I was shocked.... so I keep it here at my desk and reach over and take a little tsp every now and then. Congrats again...keep us posted!
kbarrettx2
on 10/24/06 6:19 am - Temecula, CA
Thanks for all of the good advise. I am taking Prilosec for my ulcer and the stricture he really hasn't said anything about it yet. I was eating cheese but they told me to stop since it is so fat. Sometimes you feel like you can't eat anything! And I do the chew it and spit it out game too. Mostly with sweets because I just want that taste. Esp around my period. Yikes!!! And I too have days where I don't care if I eat or not. I do the Achievone one coffee drinks with 20gr of protein and the New Whey protein with 25 gr...that's all I can get in. I drink when I eat too. If i don't the food feels like it gets stuck in my stomach. I have had crackers too. I am diabetic and sometimesd I just need the cards to bring up my sugar. 29lbs is great you should be very proud of yourself. I think I lost quick because of the problems I've had. Keep up the good work and lets stay in touch ; it's nice to have someone who had it on the same day to share things with! Kelly
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/06 9:50 am - Florence, KY
My surgery date was 8/23. I am down 58 lbs and really have problems with eating. I have been scoped twice for strictures and may need it again. I can eat most things that are soft / blended but can't get meat at all. Protein is a real problem for me and I usually don't make my fluid goal each day. Started swimming and working out at SilverLake today so I hope this will help with the lack of energy that I have. I am so tired of being tired that I can't stand it! Just keep trying is what they tell me. I can eat things like grits and oatmeal, but will puke everytime with chicken, beef or tuna. I am beginning to think it is the mayo since anything I mix with it seems to make me sick. I will be trying other things to mix with the tuna and eggs to see if I can rule out the mayo.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views