Talk to Me - tell me how it's going....

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/06 3:02 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hi everyone.. Just wanted to check in and see how you guys were all faring 2 months out now.... Any problems, any suggestions, any hints or ideas ?? Let's share here, I know we all have something we can add to help each other out.... I'll start: I am beginning to hate crystal light with a vengence, so I started drinking Ocean Spray Cranberry-Grape Lite and diluting it with water (equal halves) with crushed ice, so it will dilute more over time and give me more fluid intake. It tastes so good and only has 29 caloires. It tastes like a "****tail" to me.. I enjoy it very much. Your turn........................
Lessofme
on 10/22/06 9:42 pm - Plainview, NY
Hi there! Going well. RNY on 8/11 and down 43.5 lbs! My trick to keeping portion control: I bought disposable 2oz cups and covers at Party City. I don't have to worry about how much I am having if I stick to my containers. I also use dipping bowls as my plates, so visually, I am getting a full dish, even if it is a tiny one. At each meal I shoot for 2 oz protien and 2 oz veggy or fruit. Sometimes I eat a bit more if it is a little extra salsa to keep the protine moist. Many times I can't even finish what I packaged up. I have been experimenting with the various soy product for protine and like the veggy bacon. I make turkey roll-ups with Laughing Cow's light cheese wedges. Yum. I use the Carolina turkey from the deli counter because it is very moist. Some days start with a protien shake, on other days I have it as an afternoon snack. It varies depending on my schedule for the day. I am still struggling to get in all of my pills and water. It is my daily challenge! My Dr. says it will get easier after the 3rd month. I think after the 6th month it will be even better when 2 of the pills drop out (the ones for ulcers and gallstones). Someone at my WLS group suggested mixing the Crystle light orange and grapfruit flavors to make a ****tail flavor. It never occured to me to mix them, so I guess we can try other combinations too! Hope you all are well! Suzanne
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/06 6:28 am
I am so thankful for this board. I don't know if I would have survived without it. I am nearly 11 weeks post op and I am down 50 lbs. I get discouraged at times because I am barely down 1 size. I started in a 26 and now I am in 24's and close to 22s ~ Very wierd. I don't get sick too often, unless I accidently drink when I am eating or if I eat too fast. I discovered Crystal Light Fruit Punch and it tastes good to me. I did not care for Crystal Light until I tried the Fruit Punch, I also like the Iced Tea w Lemon, it tastes a lot like the Lipton mix to me.
Ms.Traci C.
on 10/29/06 9:11 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Darlene, You and I could be twins....I am down exact one pants size...almost to a size 22...but not quite. I have however lost two top sizes...my boobs are shrinking like no tomorrow...but I knew they would since I didn't have any before gaining weight. Going through bras and underwear like no tomorrow...thank goodness for WAlmart! I love Lipton Diet Citrus Green Tea...I would be in the hospital with dehydration if it was for this product. I have only had one problem when I ate too fast....but that is it. I am so happy to be able to get most of my protein in through food but I do have one shake a day..Chocolate Unjury made with Lactaid Milk...yummy! Hugs ! Traci
cowangel
on 10/23/06 9:25 am - Grovetown, GA
Hi, I am struggling too with the liquids, I have enjoyed crystal light but found today that it upset my stomach some, too acidic? I can't do the lemonades at all or the citrussy ones... I love the cranberry one.. walmart makes it... Are any of you drinking coffee? I have about 2-3 oz's a couple times a week... I used to live off of it and it's just been a week or two that i could drink it again... I love the string cheese low fat, and can eat one of those sometimes two in an hour... Haven't heard anyone talk about popsicles, sugar free, anyone tried them they are delicious and count towards your fluids...
AlliP
on 10/24/06 1:52 am - Thornton, CO
I had surgery on 8/22 and am finally doing GREAT!! It took six weeks for me to get back to "normal", but after that six week mark I had no more pain, no more diarea, and I could finally eat real food! I am down 49 lbs. and working out 4 times a week. It feels great to be back in a routine. I have gone from a size 28 to a 22.
jkfullerva
on 10/24/06 2:45 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Crystal light is too sweet for me I am doing decaf iced tea, water, popsicles, yogurt smoothies, and yogurt all counts for fluid. I hate protein shakes and drinks. I am trying to get it all in by real food. Tuna still hurts. Crab does ok. My energy isn't where I would like it. Is anyone exercising? I need to start doing my walking videos again. So far I am thrilled when I have any energy left after working all day. I come home and do things now instead of collapsing on the couch. Any hair loss yet? I am taking biotin 1000mcg 2x a day and haven't lost much I notice nothing is growing either, on my legs or even my eyebrows.
LEAH W.
on 10/24/06 4:02 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
So far I feel good. Sometimes I actually forget that I had surgery just two months ago! I struggle to get in my water, but I do great on my protein. I can tolerate many things I've tried like chicken, turkey, eggs, bacon, sausage and fish. I've eaten a few veges and some fresh fruit on occaision. Just started working out officially last week at the gym and it makes me feel really great! I try to go 3-4 days each week. This week I'll only make 3 days, last week I went 4. Before going to the gym I was walking like crazy every day. Started out at 20 minutes, then 30 then 45 and eventually worked my way up to an hour. That made me feel really good because I've never had this much motivation. I noticed that my clothes fit me a little differently and that also makes me feel good. I haven't noticed any hair loss but my nails are growing pretty fast. I try to take my vitamins every day and do well MOST days. I drink mostly water. I can tolerate crystal light again, but try to only have 1 or two cups a day. I get in 1 to 2 protein drinks/shake each day and am managing to eat better protein choice. Logging everything into fitday is really helping me a lot. I'm averaging around 500-600 calories per day. But I'm burning off over 200 at the gym. I don't know if that's good or bad at this point. I've also managed to get my carbs below 20 as well as my fat grams. On the days that I choose to have beans it is a little higher. But I decided to only eat beans once or twice each week. It's been challenging figuring everything out but I'm trying my best. Glad everyone is doing well and making things work! Leah
Pam P.
on 10/24/06 5:41 am - LaGrange, GA
HELLO LADIES.... it sounds like everyone is doing great.... I myself am beginning to feel like a new person...I just now started really working out...I have been doing the treadmill lightly but not on any real schedule and I know thats not good...so I beefed it up this week and im getting on a tight schedule. I ordered a FLUIDITY bar...have you guys seen the infomercial? It TONES...boy do I need that...I beginning to get nervous about all this flab already....if you want to check it out go to www.fludity.com its a tough workout...like yoga...stretching and toning like a ballerina...lol....Im going to give it a shot! I live on coffee (decaf), highly diluted tangerine-strawberry crystal light...(I mean its like 80% water but I have to have some type of taste in it in order to get it down), decaf tea, milk, cheese, turkey chili and brunswick stew. I havent had a popscicle in forever...I had so many after surgery that I just cant stomach the thought of them now....pudding either....crazy. I get all my vitamins in each day...I dont view that as really an option... some day I just dont like my protein (body Fortress from Walmart), other days thats all I want. Its so crazy... I cant eat anything even remotely dry...OUCH! and I struggle so bad with my water intake...if it wasnt for diluting things with it, I wouldnt get in any at all. It takes ALL DAY...beginning at 8 am until 10 pm for me to finish my water jug that holds 30 oz...so man am I doing bad. I know thats why my scale just stopped moving and starting going UP...I got it back to my 199 this morning since I worked so hard at liquids and food yesterday...so I was glad of that...it had gotten back up to 204! As for clothes...Im down from a loose 22 to a loose 16...(some 18's still fit but are way too loose, but man what are we suppose to wear?!) So inches are moving even if the scale isnt. You guys are kicking my butt on the scale...I have got to find a sweet spot combo that makes mine move again....I know its WORK and DISCIPLINE... I can do it! I just keep thinking come Christmas I pray to be a different person.
LovelyLoser
on 10/24/06 7:40 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi everyone, I feel great! I had RNY Aug 21st and have lost 48.5 pounds and all comorbidities. I take only synthroid everyday and my vits of course. I used to take 2 high blood pressure meds, 2 asthma meds, water pill and high cholesterol meds on top of over the counter pain meds for my back and knees. Im eating things like moist chicken or turkey, chili from Wendys, refried beans, ground beef, cheese and eggs. I have taken the steps really slowly and carefully but have had no problems. I dont know if I dump, I havent eaten any sugar. I guess I dont want to know yet. I drink 2 protein drinks a day, Diet Swiss Miss with a scoop of Designer Whey vanilla added to 20 oz ho****er. Its delicious, I look forward to it. I get in at least 64 oz water a day. Ive had no problems at all, knock on wood. Best to all, Annette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views