7 weeks out and 3 co-morbities gone

jkfullerva
on 10/20/06 4:18 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I had my 6 week check up last week and I am officially no longer diabetic, off BP meds and no longer using a cpap. I am down 33lbs. It is time to transition from soft mushy foods to real foods and I have been doing ok some things work some things bounce back up or hurt. I really miss fresh veggies. Taking B12, calcium, zinc, vitamins and biotin. How much Biotin are you supposed to take I have seen everything from 3MG to 5000mcg?
LovelyLoser
on 10/22/06 12:40 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Jenny, I dont know on the biotin but wanted to say congratulations on no comorbidities! I was off high blood pressure meds the day after surgery (how the heck does that happen??) and off asthma meds within 3 or 4 weeks. I am 9 weeks out and have lost 47 pounds and figure if I dont lose any more its ok because I am healthier now. Plus look at how much we will save in prescription copays every month!! I took introducing new foods really slowly. I did not want to barf and, knock on every piece of wood around me, I havent yet. Once I felt like I would after eating some salmon too fast or too big bites, not sure which. One thing I noticed when transitioning to real food is that anything the least bit dry is bad, I poach most meats now. I eat lots of fish especially salmon. You get the most protein for your buch with seafood, especially shellfish. Most are zero carbs and loaded with protein. Best to you, Annette
Jenn A.
on 10/22/06 3:01 am - Visalia, CA
Jenny doesn't make you feel great. The first time I sleep on my back and did not snore or stop breathing I had to contend with my hubby waking me up to see that I was alive still. He was not used to no weird noises coming from me. I am a post op who will celebrate her 4th rebirthday on the 28th of this month. When it comes to the foods chew well and set you fork/spoon down between bites and after you finish chewing give it a minute before you take another bite. Get ot now your body and when it is getting full. For me it was like a ball rolling from my tummy area to my breast bone.If I let get that far it was to late, but if I stopped as it started to move I was okay. As for the Biotin I used to take 500MCG. As you get back to regular foods and get more protein in you you will not have a need for it. Good Luck and Congrats on the 33 lbs and lose of the comobs. Jenn
cowangel
on 10/22/06 10:46 am - Grovetown, GA
Congratulations! Today is my 2 month anniversary!! I have lost 55 pounds.. I have also experienced trouble with meats, if i bake them or whatever then i throw up.. Too dry.. I did try Salmon tonight, and it was delicious.. How much do you all exercise? I try at least 5 days a week, I did walk in the heart walk yesterday and came home and walked another mile with my puppies. I got my first set of labs back, and so far all is "perfect" per Vicki at Dr. Sherman's office. I expected to have to take B-12 but they sd that I don't need a thing yet... So that's really a blessing...
Pam P.
on 10/24/06 4:50 am - LaGrange, GA
Congrats Jenny.......yeah isnt it awesome! I had surgery 8/28 and awoke to never taking meds for reflux, irritable bowel or diabetes (borderline), ever again...and the greatest part was going from FIVE blood pressure pills a day to 2...when I woke up my world was different. Again how does that happen....now Im only on 1 BP pill.... THAT is why I did this...Im amazed....I know I have replaced those meds with vitamins but heck I was taking vitamins before too....I carried around my little 6 pack cooler full of pill bottles....like my grandmother carries in a ziploc bag...lol God is so great! I feel blessed! My loss isnt as much as everyone elses...but the inches are falling off and that is fine with me. From a 22 to a 16 in 7 weeks...I will surely take it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views