9 weeks post-op

bobsgirl
on 10/17/06 8:26 am - San Mateo, CA
I am 9 weeks post-op and have lost 39 pounds since surgery(total of 52). I have lost 20 inches. Went from a size 20W to a 16. Now I can wear a large shirt instead of 2x. My biggest challenge continues to be drinking enough fluids. If I drink to fast,I am in agony. Eating is no issue as long as a follow my guidelines. I am unable to eat beef, but eat lots of chicken and seafood. I am working out 3 days a week. This may sound funny, but I have trouble being comfortable in bed trying to sleep. I have lost weight so fast that I have curves that I have difficulty with. By the morning my hips and lower back hurt and I am stiff once out of bed. I have been using pillows to help support my curves, not much help. Yesterday, I bought an eggcrate and flipped my bed to see if that would help and I did seem better this morning. Will see how it goes.
Pam P.
on 10/19/06 4:42 am - LaGrange, GA
omg that sounds EXACTLY like me... Im 7 wks out and have lost 30 since surgery, (50 total), gone from as loose 22 to a loose 16, and same as you in shirts too..... Congrats on your loss...my scale has STOPPED moving and hasnt in this will be the 4th week..... I can NOT drink all my liquids.......I struggle daily and just cant do it...I hear this will get better but ugh....I get so mad at myself...every day I say this is it..Im going to get it all in...but man I do good to eat... I dont want anything at all...so everything is an effort, cause I know I wont loose unless I eat and drink...so Lets work together and compare notes... We gotta get this under control dont we? The only thing I can stomach is diluted Crystal Light in Tangerine-Strawberry...that the only flavor...others make me sick. So miserable...what are you drinking? but its so funny what you say about sleeping...before surgery I never could sleep...then right after I started sleepin like a baby....now I have so many pillows trying to get comfortable that I mess with them all night...lol I didnt even think about my curves being the difference...it makes sense huh?!
bobsgirl
on 10/19/06 7:36 am - San Mateo, CA
we are in the same boat. I have been carring a water bottle around with me, in my pocket or purse and trying to drink every half hour. Water at room temperature is my favorite drink. I can drink other things like iced tea, sugar free lemonade etc. yesterday I managed to drink 30 ounces of water. It is still not enough, I wish I could just chug it down like I used to. But I would be rolling on the floor in agony if I did (I have tried though). My scale also has quit moving and yesterday I was depressed until I realized the weight loss will continue. Just think about it we have lost 50 lbs this year. THat is impressive!!!!! any other time we willbe jumping up and down. We have to get a schedule set for water and nutrition. It is funny now, I think of food as nutrition. My eggcrate mattress has helped with my sleeping issues, my back is better than before.
jennymay57
on 10/31/06 8:15 am - Memphis, TN
Hi Pam, I am Diana I had my RNY 8/28/06 and I too having problems with pain the padding I had is going, and it is paniful when I get up in the morning, I have lost 60lbs total and 43lbs since surgey, I weighed today and I am 340lbs, I started before surgery 400lbs, I know that is lot but, I do not see it people see it, I do not yet, I started excersing several days a week, but have stop!!! shame on me!!, I am starting to learn how to swim, 11/04 and joining the"Y" they have Aqua classes I am looking forward to. Congrats to you for the weight lost, Keep up the great work. Diana
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/06 10:08 am - Florence, KY
Not drinking enough and not eating will stall your weight loss. Understanding that and still seeing it happen are hard to accept. I push the liquids and still only end up averaging 30 ounces. I have found that hot tea will go down better than anything and I managed to drink 32 ounces of just that today.. and it is only 8pm.. I may make 40 ounces for the first time. I made my own trail mix and have had about a cup of it. It has about 9 gram in 1/4 a cup so I am happy with it... here's hoping it continues to be something I like and my body will tolerate. I also made some homemade jerky and didn't have a problem with it. I ate really small pieces and even had to spit out a couple that wouldn't disolve. I am taking it really slow with the jerky. I have to sleep in a chair still. I have tried the bed and my back and hips are killing me after about 4 hours. I am still using my cpap, but starting to have issues with it too. Everything is changing. Which is good!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views