I still want to eat!

Brenda_C
on 10/16/06 6:12 am - Citrus Heights, CA
I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this. I was at a bowling party with my son. The party was set up next to the snack bar. Everything smelled so good and I was hungry. I wanted to eat nachos or have a slice of pizza. I know I can't eat that stuff. I called my friend we talked about it and I sat down and ate my cheese n cracks that I brought with me. How could I have a weak moment like that?? Why do I have the urge to eat stuff like that when my stomach is so small? Brenda
burgundylady2003
on 10/16/06 10:18 am - small town, Canada
You know, I have had a few challenges lately and this is how I have dealt with them. Last weekend it was our Canadian Thanksgiving, I had a small bit of corn, potato, ham and turkey. WHen the pie was being served I had a sliver, with about a teaspoon of whipped cream. I felt good about that, I wasn't denying myself but all I had was a taste. Honestly, to me I would have had some nachos and salsa and maybe even a bite of pizza. Of course, you have to be careful about trying new foods in public places in case you dump, but a mouthful or two might satisfy your craving and you wont feel you are depriving yourself. Right or wrong, it is what works for me. Cindy
Arial B.
on 10/16/06 11:48 pm - Tampa, FL
It's hard to stop old habits, I think if any of us could we would probably overeat at least once a week or more. Most of us are addicted to food, it is our weakness. We have to fight everyday to beat the addiction. Arial
Jan C.
on 10/18/06 1:36 am - Cedar Creek, MO
like so many have said before they operated on our stomachs not our heads. we still have those thought and it is up to us to change our thinging about food. You may have been able to eat some of the pizza just not the crust. when there is something you really want that is there take a tiny half teaspoon of it and usually that is enough to satisfy the urge and you dont feel deprived. Jan
Ms.Traci C.
on 10/19/06 11:14 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
HI Brenda, I too have been having some issues this week. You see my weakness is sweets and breads....great time of the year coming up. Well, there is candy allover at work....I reached for a piece and stopped in my tracks and said, I can't and moved on. The very same day we had pizza at work....now I said, hey...cheese, meat..I CAN and I did. No crust just toppings and I was satisfied. I eat my protein first always and then I have a little something if I want....usually a spoon of peanut butter. Hugs, Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views