Depression setting in

caseyac81
on 10/16/06 12:43 am - centerville, TX
When i first went into have surgery and the few weeks after i had read about allot of people goin through depression . at that time i didnt see how or why they would go through that butthats all changed. i myself think im on the verge of it.ive been nauseated for 2 weeks straight nothing calms it down no food or drinks and to make matters worse i havent ate hardly anything because of it . im just misserable and very unhappy . i see my doctor thursday but im barely hangin on here . ive always been a very strong emotional person but this stuff is just breakin me quick . i just feel ran down and like i dont even wanna move around for any reason. any advice ?
peacefuldaizy
on 10/16/06 2:08 am - South of Buffalo, NY
If you are exercising regularly, eating right, and getting your vitamins, you may need to take anti-depressants if your depression is bad enough. It's temporary, so don't panic. I've been in treatment for depression for 14 years, so I know how painful it is! Talk to your doctor about treatment options ... If it is mild (and stays mild), just wait it out. hang in there ... You can e-mail me if you need someone to talk to! Hugs, Annette
jkfullerva
on 10/16/06 3:42 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I am 6 weeks out and have struggled with this as well. I was already being treated for depression for the last 6 years but the meds I was on I couldn't continue because they were time release and it killed my stomach. I am on Liquid paxil and it is working ok. I had a real problem with anxiety at first also. Your body is going thru so many changes hormones are messing with your emotions as well. Taking meds for it is not a bad thing. Good Luck Jenny
jkfullerva
on 10/16/06 3:42 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I am 6 weeks out and have struggled with this as well. I was already being treated for depression for the last 6 years but the meds I was on I couldn't continue because they were time release and it killed my stomach. I am on Liquid paxil and it is working ok. I had a real problem with anxiety at first also. Your body is going thru so many changes hormones are messing with your emotions as well. Taking meds for it is not a bad thing. Good Luck Jenny
homeclair
on 10/22/06 3:42 am - Warwick, RI
I am also struggling with depression. A lot of the members of our "group" are happy and full of life. I feel sick a lot of the time. I'm eating very little, however I struggled with the scale all week. It did not move. I realize that this to shall pass. I hope things get better for you. Thank you for sharing, it made a big difference to me! Clair
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views