Wow...and Not-So-Wow Moments

Christina H.
on 10/15/06 9:22 am - Mesquite, TX
This is kinda lengthy ....so please bear with me. I am 7 weeks out from surgery and from 9/29 thru 10/13 I did not lose a pound! I mean not even an 1/8 of a lb. Of course the fat-brat in my head that sabotages every diet attempt I have ever made became very bold and convincing. Despite all of the posts I read that said it was perfectly normal around this time for my body to shut down the losing and re-adjust my little brat is VERY persuasive and had me believing this was yet another failure at being healthy and normal sized. Fortunately, unlike other WL attempts I could not just abort the mission - I had to stay the course because my body physically couldn't succumb to the peer pressure but I did suffer some negative fall-out..i.e. - my workouts became sporadic (what's the point right?)...my vitamins got skipped several times (not sure on the psychological reason behind that one)...my overall attitude was just poor. Then...'lo and behold - Saturday morning (as is my tri-daily routine) I got back on the scale - I am a masochist what can I say....and I had lost 15 lbs! NO JOKE! So...my fat brat has been silenced ...at least for the meantime - my workout this morning and yesterday was great...and I am back in the game. My fat-brat's weapon of choice..the scale... has been thrown in the trash. Now for the WOW moments.....I officially weigh less than my husband.... I purchased some size 18s yesterday - I was feeling pretty good by then and figured in a couple of weeks they would fit...I went ahead and tried them on.... you know the rest!!! We went out to dinner last night - I had about 4 jumbo steamed shrimp - I didn't get sick or that horrible heavy feeling. I was also NOT the fattest girl in the restaurant. I hope that doesn't sound mean-spirited but it is a habit I have always had...I survery the room - and in the past usually I was the biggest there. Not last night. Ok..so I have gone from 26-28 to a TIGHT 18....and I have gone from 310 to 245 in 7 weeks..... I am sure glad my fat-brat didn't have the surgery - cause she has a LOT of crow to eat! Thanks for being there you guys.... Christy
GiaK
on 10/15/06 12:37 pm
Good for you! I cant believe 15lbs. That is amazing. I am so jealous. I am still stuck, now starting my 5th week, and I am starting my 9th week out since surgery. I bet you are so happy! Gia
Christina H.
on 10/15/06 1:44 pm - Mesquite, TX
Thank you....was very shocked myself....I neglected to mention that Aunt Flo came to visit Friday....so that also probably played a part.... Hang in there....your WOW day is coming soon! Christy
GiaK
on 10/15/06 3:32 pm
Speaking of ....I havent seen Aunt Flow since surgery, I am starting to get worried. Its 9 weeks tomorrow and I should of at least had 2 by now. It so strange. I hate not knowing when. I hate to be personal but was this your first time or did you have the same experience I did. I am hoping it is soon and it has everything to do with my stall. If not then ..I dont know what to say.. Gia
burgundylady2003
on 10/16/06 10:26 am - small town, Canada
YEEHAW!! Very happy for you, that was a long stall but the 15 pounds more than made up for it!! Congrats! I havent had quite the losses that you have had but I am still pleased. I was one of those who panicked between week 3 and 4 that I hadnt lost anymore, then 5 more came off and now another 5. Altogether I have lost 35 pounds since surgery on August 29th and 53 from my highest weight. Now I want to go out and buy some size 18s! haha I have everything from size 24 to 20 in my closet and each day I am trying something new. The 24s are too big and the 22s and 20s are fitting nicely. But I am refusing to buy anything until I get through my closet full of clothes that were snug or too small before. Maybe by Christmas! Life is good. Cindy
Fluffy W.
on 10/17/06 6:30 pm - Northeast, OH
i LIKE your 'fat brat' name for those doubts that plague us. i'm about 7 weeks out too, doing fine in the loss dept, i do find i am losing inches way faster than pounds, have come down a couple sizes in slacks. packing now for a trip, going thru my closet trying on things, tossing those i wont need any more, finding a few things i can now use again, cool. i'm glad you sent your 'fat brat' packing, i'll think of you if mine tries to rear her nagging head. keep up the good work.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views