91/2 weeks out.

sunshine22
on 10/13/06 11:10 pm - Karrington, MN
Had RNY surgery on 8-8-06. I lost 12lbs b4 surgery, and have lost 25lbs since surgery,37lbs total. The scale moves for me about every 4th or 5th day. I have been getting in around 400-500 cals per day. Does anyone have trouble with solids, if I eat anything solid, instead of like applesauce consistancy, I get sick, last night i tried chicken soup and the little bits of chicken in there made me clog. (threw up) so now I have to be very careful...
peacefuldaizy
on 10/16/06 2:09 am - South of Buffalo, NY
I had GB on 8/7 and have had no problems eating at all ... Kinda wish I did! (How sick is that???) Just do the best you can ... Your pouch will adjust. Annette
troya
on 10/16/06 3:17 am
I'd contact my doctor and ask about that. After 9 1/2 weeks I would sure think you could handle tiny bits of chicken. Have you tried something other than chicken? Maybe that's the issue.
jkfullerva
on 10/16/06 3:50 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Are you having any pain? I found out that I have esophogeal spasms and they are really painful and make swallowing difficult. The treatment is a BP med. I am 6 weeks out and am just starting to do some more solid stuff but I have to do it really slow and tiny bites that I chew to the consistency of applesauce. I still toss things up especially if it isn't moist. I have learned that slow and easy really wins this race, everytime I rush I pay dearly.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views