Bread

Misty M.
on 10/12/06 4:41 am - Renton, WA
Hey all. I have some questions about where you are all at. I had my RNY on 8/15/2006. I have been to the point where I could eat steak and veggies and stuff, but am now on a soft diet again due to some irritation in my stoma. The question I have for you all is: do you eat bread? I havent had a slice of bread in over two months, and I would really like to try sandwhiches and things soon. The only bakery type items i have eaten are crackers (saltines and low sodium wheat thins) and the occasional bit of tortilla or pita. i am not a huge bread fiend, but there are so many things out there that are tasty, and need bread to hold them.....
Jan C.
on 10/12/06 5:55 am - Cedar Creek, MO
i was under the impressinon that it wasnt good for us to ever eat bread again, unless some of the low carb hi fiber bread under 9 grams of carbs per slice. and then maybe only one slice a day. and that would bebetter if toasted. there are a lot of things that will just have to be no nos for us from now on im afraid. I think you are rushing your eating a little and that is why you are back on a soft diet. i wouldnt begin to try steak yet and my surgery was 8/14 Jan
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/06 11:41 am
Misty I had a piece of toast the other day (with butter) with the crusts cut off. It went down nicely. I haven't had a piece since, but that was what I wanted to eat then. Just chew it like you do anything else-to mush. I also had part of a bun with a hotdog. I didn't eat the whole hotdog-just about 1" of it with the bread..I needed some protein and I was on the run-got it at the grocery store & gave the rest to my doggie. Each program is different. I am in MN and they tell us to stay away from carbs since it doesn't contain any protein. They don't want us to fill up on a carb and not have room for our protein. In my opinion, if you want to try a piece of bread, try it. Don't expect it to go down just like before though. Use extreme caution. Take 20-30 minutes to eat your meal. Just sample the bread...see if it gets stuck. If it does, you'll know you didn't have enough moisture in your mouth to get it down and or you are not ready for it. Everyone is individual. ;) Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views