Feel like giving up

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/06 2:19 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hi. Do any of you guys feel like giving up ?? I am having such a hard day today. I am tired of counting carbs, protein, pills, water, etc.... I am 7 weeks post op and down 40 pounds and happy about that, but I feel like I am not going to lose any more. The scale is stuck and I have my period, once again (3rd time since surgery) I have my 2 month checkup on Friday and I know I am going to be bloated. I have eaten so much today and I feel guilty about it.. HELP !!!!!
Lisa G.
on 10/12/06 3:13 am - Des Moines, IA
I am in that boat with you! I was 6 weeks out Tuesday and have only lost 24 lbs. I work out every day, I get most of my water and protein in, I eat only what my dr has told me is ok. Yet I am losing very slow. And yes Aunt Flow does not help with any situation!
Ms.Traci C.
on 10/12/06 4:55 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
HI! Unfortunately, we can't give up. It isn't like every other diet we have tried we are here and have to deal with where we are. Yesterday was an awful for me. I worked the night before, slept most of the day and then went back to work for 6 hours.....so when did I eat, get my water in...I didn't! I was so mad at myself and also at work....because I can't do that anymore. I woke up this morning to a totally dry mouth...I mean, no moisture what so ever. For the first time since surgery....I believe I will actually get in 64 ounces of fluid today! I don't weigh so I have no idea what I have lost...last count was 30 pounds, which makes me a slow looser. I too work out ..4 times a week. I try daily to get in at least 60 grams of protein in daily...the water has been a big struggle for me. I get in my vitamins daily. Aunt Flo is awful....last month she was so kind and I blew up 10 pounds! That was really nice and made me feel like crap. I have stopped reading profiles because each one I have read has a steady weight loss and size drop...I am only down one size. So the good news is I can still wear my clothes...and that is also the bad news. I am right there with you! Hugs, Traci
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/06 5:42 am
Boy do I feel like I am not from another planet now. I feel the same exact way. I am 9 weeks post op now and I am down 45 lbs. I have not even lost a size with 45lbs of weight loss. My clothes are very lose and I am getting into the next size down but barely. I am a compulsively on the scale too and I stall for a week and then inch very slowly a pound at a time. I am having a hard time getting my protien and water down. Not having too many problems with foods, I have gotten sick a few times but not too badly. I was glad to read this post it makes me feel like I am not alone. Then again that is probably the point to the forum.
LEAH W.
on 10/12/06 6:38 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I was just looking in the mirror today thinking to myself that I look the same. But you know what we can't give up and the truth is we've all read things on this website that describes exactly what we are going through, but now it's happening to us. We are going through so many different changes with our bodies and it's just going to take time. I decided not to weigh myself often at all. Once a month is it. When you look at some profiles it may get discouraging but think of it like this. We're not that far out yet. Give yourself a longer goal than just a couple of weeks. I keep telling myself that by Christmas/New years I WILL look different. And what that does for me is keeps me on track. It is hard and every day I struggle. Some days are waaay better than others. There have been days *not many* that I got my 64 ounces of liquid in. But most days I definitely get in my protein. I'd say to just keep trying and working hard at it. We knew this wasn't going to be easy, and this is just a test. I am confident in alll of my August buddies that WE will get through this and by this time next year, we will be OH veterans, giving great advice to the "newbies" who are feeling exactly like we feel now. So we have got to continue counting those calories, carbs and protein. Keep sipping, walking and working out. Keep a positive attitude eventhough it's tough as nails to do that when the scale is not moving. We are still so early out and this is just the begining for us. It will get better. I know for me in some ways it is better. I can eat mostly everything from my soft foods list (phase III) and feel like a normal person again. I can have a small meal with my family and have even eaten at a restaurant a couple of times. It wasn't my best experience ever because I couldn't have what I wanted, but I LIVED. I'm still here and I know I'm going to make it. Brighten up guys, I promise one day we will all be smiling and laughing about the early days and so proud that we stuck it out, and didn't give up. Much love to everyone! Leah
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/06 11:32 am
Nope! Never give up! You did this surgery to be healthier and no one else will get you there except you! You are losing weight more now than ever before in your life, so don't be so hard on yourself, sweetie! I have lost about 36 pounds and I do not compare myself to anyone else. I will be honest here-I don't know if I am getting in all my 64 ounces, but I try. I honestly don't know how much protein that I am supposed to have, but I eat that first. There's only a little space in there to fit any food, so I make it count. I know I am losing inches and the pounds will start to come off too. I just started working out-very lightly-every day. Regarding my period-I am normal on that since I am on the patch. It's a jem! I would be lost without it. I have pcos and my period would be all over the place had I not chosen to take it. One of the reasons I had this surgery was because I am infertile. Being on b-control pills doesn't help either (or any birth control method)-it only helps with the period. I had been birth control free until about 2 weeks before surgery-glad I got the patch. Don't give up on yourself. Don't feel like it's a race to get slim quickly. Think of it as your body giving itself some time to catch up with everything and figure itself out again. You don't want to lose a bunch of weight, but be all flabby, right? Sexy Sable-we're in this together, hon You'll be looking great in no time. Just keep up your end of the bargain and your body will do it's part too!! ;) It WILL come off, just make sure that you aren't eating things you are not supposed to eat. For example, I do not eat any sweets-the only exceptions: Sugar Free pudding-a little bit w/my meds since I cannot take the capsule form of my meds and my vitamins are sweet-but there's little to no sugars in them I do not even TRY sweets. -and believe me, I am a treat-a-holic---or was. I am sure you are doing all the right things, just keep faithful to yourself! ;) ((((hug)))) You'll be an even sexier Sable!! Lisa
peacefuldaizy
on 10/16/06 2:12 am - South of Buffalo, NY
We all have good days and bad days ... Somehow, it all evens out in the end. You are doing great! Hang in there ... Annette
Pam P.
on 10/17/06 3:36 am - LaGrange, GA
Hey ladies.........we CANT give up....(although I want to daily too)...Think of all we went through in order to get here....the long hard journey we traveled in order to be blessed with this tool. I must remind myself DAILY...as I struggle with water intake and eating... although I have only lost 28 since surgery...most people are more... My scale hasnt moved in this is the 4th week! FOUR LONG WEEKS.... that is depressing but hey it sounds like we all are experiencing it to some degree. My surgeon told me that I would lose slowly due to being a "light-weight" yeah right...but it obviously is true. Lets be strong gurls! We can do this. How many sizes have you guys dropped? I screwed up and didnt take my measurements...but Ive gone from a 22 to a loose 16 so far..so hey the scale may not move but the inches are!
JaneE.
on 10/18/06 1:22 am
I'm going through the same thing...7 weeks out today, surgery weight was 309 and I've lost 40 lbs. and I'm down 2 clothing sizes...BUT.... the scale hasn't moved in almost 2 weeks (except for the 2 or 3 lbs. I seem to gain and lose every other day). I too have been having problems with my period...I'll be 48 in a few weeks and for the past couple of years, I would have it for a few days maybe every other month and it was very light. Now, both times I've had it since surgery, it's lasted almost 2 weeks and been very painful and heavy. Not to mention my face is breaking out and I have some major eye inflammation which my eye doctor says is an auto-immune reaction to the stress my body is under since the RNY. I think the best thing about the message boards is that the more I read, the more I understand that everyone goes through much of the same stuff..we get frustrated, we're unsure if we're doing everything correctly, we've spent so much time being overweight that we want it gone ASAP. I don't regret for a minute that I had the surgery - it has absolutely saved my life - I'm just not as prepared for the post-surgery issues as I thought I was.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views