Great Cookbook

kkccmo
on 10/11/06 3:18 am - Farmington, NM
Hi, I'm 7-weeks out from lap-band with partial stomach removal. My husband found this cook book "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery" by Patt Levine. It breaks down recipes by weight loss surgerys and time after the surgery. Because I have only been eating meat for a week I have only tried 3 recipes but they were great. Easy to make and wonderful tasting. I would recommend this cookbook to everyone.
cowangel
on 10/24/06 9:43 am - Grovetown, GA
HI, is the book something i can order online? I'd love to have a copy... I'll be looking for it... Have you tried many recipes, well you just said three of them, hello... I cook for my hubby all the time, and he is really cutting down on fats etc as well. he's lost about 10 pounds in the 9 weeks since surgery and if he loses anymore he'll be a pencil stick... but he has high cholesterol so it's good for him...
kkccmo
on 10/25/06 5:12 am - Farmington, NM
My husband bought at Amazon.com. I have had a little more time with it now and have cooked about 10 recipes from it (a few even twice). I'm also cooking for my husband and he is also down 8lbs. The cookbook is easy to follow. To be honest, the flavors of the food I'm cooking now taste much better than anything I cooked before my surgery. Also, I have been able to adapt new ideas to old recipes as well. I'm just over 2 months from surgery and down 40lbs. Couldn't be happier (okay maybe if I was at my goal weight I would be a little happier)!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views