Recipe to Share **EGG FOO YUNG***

Amie Straiton
on 10/8/06 2:17 am - Spring, TX
Hey Girls and Guys, I love to cook and its more fun now as I have to be more creative in my Cooking, I have 3 kids and they all have very different eating habits, may Daughter (3) loves almost anything I make, However my Boys (12 & 9) dont like Veggies, anyway the other day I had a can of La Choy chicken chow mein the the panty and I had a craving for some Egg Foo Yung... here it is ~~ Ingredients you will need.... Can of Chicken chow Mein (La Choy Brand, found in chinese food section at grocery store) 1/2 packet fried rice seasoning mix 1/4 cup flour 2 eggs (or egg substitute) Oil or Pam First step: seperate the two cans and set the can of chicken and sauce to the side: open the can of vegetables and drain completely. put the drained veggies in a bowl. sprinkle the 1/4 cup flouer and the 1/2 package of seasoning mix over the veggies and stir until mixed in. Next you will add the 2 eggs and mix together. using a flat skillet or frying pan as some pam or 2tbl Oil, get it hot (not too hot) and drop the mixture onto the skillet (size of small pancakes) coo****il browned on the edges, then flip and do the same. you will want to make sure the egg is cooked. Open the can of chicken and sauce and put it in a microwave safe bowl and heat. Serve the patty with a couple Tbs of sauce and chicken. ( I can eat 1/2 of a patty) Delicious !! Of course if you are farther out ( I am 9 weeks out tomorrow) you could also serve this with white rice ( I have not tried any rice or pasta yet) This makes quite a bit so if you are feeding your Family this is great, if you are just feeding you ( as me and my hubby will only eat this) it keeps in the fride and I take a 1/2 patty to work for lunch. Im not sure of the calorie intake, but it cant be too much the whole can of Chow mein is only 300 calories plus the added ingredients !! hope you enjoy !! Huggs, Amie
ForsitanFiat
on 10/11/06 9:55 am - Inland Empire, CA
Amie...Thanks! Can't find egg foo yung anywhere anymore and I'm the only one at home who likes it lol. Just a quick question, how many patties does it generally make for you? Thanks! -Cindy
cowangel
on 10/24/06 9:48 am - Grovetown, GA
Thanks amy what a great idea... i'm sitting here now trying to finish a scrambled egg.. my fav thing to eat right now are the vegie patties, i like the vegie original, it has water chestnuts and stuff in it, mushrooms... I had that and three asparagus spears for lunch... delicious...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views