endoscopy

JEK1981
on 10/4/06 9:26 pm
I am 5 weeks out today and I am tentatively scheduled for a 3:30 endoscopy. I am terrified!! I don't know if my not being able to breathe and sudden throwing up/choking feeling is just normal for this time or if I am, quite possibly, so paranoid and scared about eating now that I am making myself sick. My full liquids - protein shakes, pea soup, broths, etc. - are still going down but I am suddenly having some trouble with some spicy soups, cottage cheese, and eggs. Any suggestions?? I have until noon to let my doctor know if I am coming in, otherwise I can try to tough it out. What's the scope even like?? I am a baby when it comes to pain ... :help:
reggiet1
on 10/5/06 5:32 am - Cleveland, TX
I had one pre-op I remember a gagging feeling other than that not to much they put you almost all the way out or they did with me. My wife was inside watching she said they just had to remind me to breath because o2 stats were always down. Wife works at same hospital I had mine done that is why she was watching. But it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be the main thing is the nerves of having something done that you have never had done before. Oh and the scope was bigger than I thought it was going to be when I seen it. The spray they spray in your throat is nasty tasting. Other than that not a bad procedure.
dawnatosweet
on 10/5/06 7:46 am - Turlock, CA
Im 6 weeks out and I had one done on the 19th and it was no problem I was scared but all was good I was having the same problems feeling like i couldnt breath and no food would go down I had a stircture my opening had shrunk to 6 mm and you should be 15mm I will be put back in the hospital monday 10/9/06 to have this done one last time the Dr said I'll be good after that but hey Im down 40 lbs not to bad good luck and know you'll be just fine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views