Addicted to my scale....

Danielle S.
on 10/3/06 10:42 am - brunssum, Netherlands
Is any one else addicted to their scale? OMG i am weighing myself at least 2x a day and i cant stop!!!! I think that i will have to have my Husband throw the darn thing out when i'm not looking. It is soooooo bad and self absorbing and i know that but i do it anyway! If there was a scale God i would worship him!! AAGGGHHH! LOL! Is this something that everyone is going through?I would love to hear your feedback! Thanks So much!
sunshine22
on 10/3/06 10:46 am - Karrington, MN
I wt. myself once a day only, first thing in the morning. That is it..otherwise I would get crazy. They say you should only wt once a week..but I am a new surgery..only 8 weeks out and I just get curious.....I will stop daily wts soon....Wishing you luck to control your "addiction"......
LEAH W.
on 10/3/06 10:31 pm - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I don't have a scale at home because I think I would drive myself absolutely bananas! I do get curious sometimes though and I don't see my pcp until next week. I hope I've lost something!
newme2be
on 10/3/06 10:59 pm - braselton, GA
i too am like you, i weight at least twice a day sometimes i see something good and sometimes not but for me its fun to watch, of course youb cant let it get the best of you if it doesnt go down or worse goes up, good luck hope you enjoy the ride.
just jacie
on 10/4/06 1:16 am - Minneapolis, MN
I weigh myself once a week, sometimes I may peek in the middle of the week, but I just don't see a point of weighing every day, because your body is going to naturally fluctuate, it's not always real numbers. But of course everyone has their own thing. jacie
Pam P.
on 10/4/06 2:51 am - LaGrange, GA
oh yeah honey........Im with ya.... I say every day that Im going to stop......but I cant.... then I get upset that it isnt moving....then I feel all bloated and that makes the flucuations even worse so I freak out.....its an endless cycle.... I NEED HELP! The good lord tells me not too....cause my scale doesnt move daily so I feel like Im doing something wrong...then once I wait like over the weekend when I go out of town, I come back to movement of the scale...then I continue thru the week, weighing and it goes right back UP and then down....UGH! Why do we do that to ourselves..I swore I was gonna be good after surgery and only weigh at doctor visits........ummmm......its not working! oh and also......we have a scale at work...and YEP I get on that one daily too...sometimes twice a day.....! SICKO
Patricia R.
on 10/4/06 4:12 am - Perry, MI
I threw my scale out years ago, because I drove myself crazy with the daily weigh-ins. I weigh myself once a week, either at the hospital where I had my surgery, or at work on the Nurse's scale. Any more than that would make me crazy. Hugs, Trish
Jan C.
on 10/4/06 6:58 am - Cedar Creek, MO
I do weigh myself daily , first thing in the morning but it doesnt bother me when the scale goes back and forth. When i see a new lower number i know that is the one that will be there before too long . On average i am losing about 3 pounds a week and it may go up and down all week long but it will still be about 3 pounds total by the end of the week. I am losing inches faster than pounds which is ok too. Im just happy that it isnt creaping up and up. Jan
dazed
on 10/4/06 7:14 am - Kansas City, MO
I had my sister come over and take my scales. I would weigh several times a day and let it control my mood. I now have to go over to her house if I want to weigh and she will only let me weigh on Mondays. I wish I would go by how my clothes fit (my pants are pretty baggy, I can get them up and down without undoing them, but I won't go buy new clothes) and how I feel instead of the numbers on the scale.
Ms.Traci C.
on 10/5/06 5:00 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Not Me ...don't have a scale because I knew I would become addicted! Hugs, Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views