Post-op Lap band newbie

Janet T.
on 10/1/06 3:50 am - Long Beach, CA
Hi everyone! I had surgery 5 weeks ago in Brugge, Belgium. Lost 13lbs in the first 2 weeks, then only 2 more lbs the 3rd week, and then nothing the 4th and 5th week. I just had my band filled 2 days ago. I sure hope I can loose some more weight. I was sort of feeling like a looser (not the good kind) since my weight loss slowed down so much, and then stopped altogether. First I was very frustrated, then just depressed. And HUNGRY all the time! Any of you feel that way? Any tips you could give would be helpful. Thanks.
L.K.S.
on 10/2/06 12:42 am - Katy, TX
Janet, Just wanted you to know that we are here for you. Getting your band filled should really help with the feeling hungry part. In the beginning I struggled with wanting to drink while or right after I ate. Now that I've had my first fill 1.9 cc and made the HUGE mistake of taking a drink after eating I will NEVER make that mistake again! OUCH!!!! Are you getting much exercise in daily? And remember... Protein, protein, protein! I'm not much of a meat eater but I'm learning to like fish (which seems like the easiest thing to swallow). I would be a pro if the rules were... Eat your carbs first.... What a dream! lol Good luck and let us know how you're doing. Leisa in Katy, TX
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views