Long time, no post!

Heather T.
on 9/30/06 10:49 pm - Bucks County, PA
Hello there all of my August buddies, Sorry that I have been gone so long....had a little bit of an issue to deal with post-op (slow digestive track, yeah!) and took most of my energy to deal with that and the "new" routine! How is everyone doing? I am doing better now that my stomach seems to have woken up and finally decided to get with the program. I am down 36 lbs and feel pretty good! I am actually *wanting* to exercise, which is a huge "wow" for me. There are some days that I wish I could eat "normally" but all in all, I would do it again! How is everyone else doing? What was your first WOW moment or your most recent? Love to all Heather T.
Mary G.
on 10/1/06 1:38 am - Deming, WA
Hi Heather! 36lbs is an amazing accomplishment!! This is an incredible journey. I am about 6wks out from lap RNY and agree that the energy and motivation for exercise is improving. I still have a few "burn out" days, but only once a week as opposed to daily! My head hunger has woken occasionally, forcing me to leave the area or drink up on the water. Actually, I have been able to get all my fluids and protein in more easily after the "wake up"...now it's just wrapping my head around not acting on the impulse. My WOW moment is daily...I notice improvements everytime I walk up the stairs or just put on my seat belt! My "to do" list is now less sedentary and more vacation oriented! What is on your "to do" list? How do you like to get in your exercise? Tell me about your WOW!!:cheers:MaryG
Heather T.
on 10/3/06 1:17 am - Bucks County, PA
Hi Mary, Thanks for the kind words This is an incredible journey... I have my "burnout" days too, but they are coming less and less often as I get further out from surgery. I too have noticed a huge improvement with stairs and walking (which is good, because my office is on the 3rd floor of a row house...translation, NO elevator!) My wow moments for this week have been: 1. Walking around the Renaissance Faire and my husband not having to stop and wait for me once (and no complaining from me re: my back, legs, etc etc.) 2. I finally dropped below my lowest recorded weight at Weigh****chers. 3. I am 14 lbs away from being under 300lbs! I am feeling some difference in my clothes, but I am afraid to give them away because I have the old nagging feeling that I will need them again...So I have some negative impluses to work through. My favorite exercise right now is water aerobics...and I can't wait to try Yoga! The number one thing on my to-do list this week is to feel better and be able to eat without any issues. One day at a time! Take care! Heather T.
vividsunrise
on 10/3/06 7:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Heather, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better and things are "moving". I have been praying for you. I am down 38 lbs...isn'****er aerobics GREAT!..I am addicted to it. Dr Brader gave me the ok to do all exercises so next is the treadmill...Yoga sounds good too. I have been having a lot of little wow moments..like wearing linen slacks and have them almost fall off of me by the end of the day!...my rings spinning around my fingers....feeling my hipbones and not recognizing them! I hope to see you at the pre-op and post-op meetings this month. 36 lbs..woo hoo..you go girl!!! Take care, Dawn
Heather T.
on 10/3/06 7:57 am - Bucks County, PA
Hi Dawn, Thank you, I am doing much better than when you saw me last. I water aerobics...it is a very "zen" thing for me. Congrats on your WOW moments!! My wedding ring and engagement ring are spinning too..yippee...I had to go to Walmart and buy "ring snuggles" to hold my engagement ring on...They are great, 7 different sizes in pack for $1.59...so now I have snuggles for every step in my ring size journey. I can't wait to see you at the post op meeting next week...You are probably melting away my dear! See ya next week! Heather
Ms.Traci C.
on 10/1/06 5:48 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Heather! I am doing okay. I go back to work on Monday...hopefully I will do okay. Eating is going good. My protein shakes....well, that is another topic altogether Trying to get the majority of protein in with foods instead of by shakes because they cause such upset...The GAS is awful! I am down 28 pounds...Aunt Flo is in town so I haven't weighed myself but my clothes are starting to hang. Being able to cross my legs....WOW when did that happen??? Hugs, Traci
clsmex
on 10/1/06 12:47 pm - Schererville, IN
RNY on 08/22/06 with
Hi Heather -- Actually I was reviewing your profile late last night and was unhappy to learn that you were having problems.....it just makes it all a little more challenging! Congrats on your loss....keep up the GREAT work! I have been experiencing severe problems with nausea...yuckers....last Monday they did a scope and found a stricture! I couldn't be more thrilled that they found it and I have been feeling leaps and bounds better ever since. So that was five weeks out from surgery, and I really feel as if I am just in the beginning stages of post-op and that is okay too as we all know this isn't a race!!! I sure hope you are feeling better and continue to get stronger every day! WOW moment....bath towel keeps getting bigger around....it's awesome! Take care....Candy
Heather T.
on 10/3/06 1:20 am - Bucks County, PA
Thanks Candy! I am doing better now and have been having a few days with being able to keep things down...it looks like things are finally starting to move! I am glad that you are feeling better and I am glad that they found the stricture so soon, that way you can get back on the healing path quickly! Great WOW moment, by the way....I didn't even think about my bath towel! Keep up the great work and take care! Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views