5 weeks out today

LEAH W.
on 9/29/06 7:55 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
As each week passes I feel better and better thank God. I'm tolerated most things I eat very well. I try to eat a good bit of protein because a lot of the shakes I bought were pretty nasty. But I tried the powder I got from walmart last night and it isn't bad at all. Thank goodness. I notice a lot of people eating chili but I have a taste for some spaghetti. Not the noodles but the meat and sauce, lol. I know that seems strange but I've been really craving it. I think it's so strange that I haven't been craving sweets. I used to love cookies and pies and anything with sugar. But I haven't really given them a second thought. I'm doing better on my liquids. Still not getting 64, but I'm close I'm getting in around 50-55. I need to up my walking over the next few weeks and I'd like to join the gym by mid October. My face is breaking out, and I'm not sure why. I'm drinking a ton of water so I thought that would be a good thing but I may have to try some vitamin e or something like that. So far so good. Down 40 pounds and pleased with that. Hope everyone is doing well.
Patricia R.
on 9/29/06 9:30 am - Perry, MI
Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Trish
clegate
on 9/30/06 1:45 am - Shelton, WA
How weird. I crave tomato sauce too. I wonder what we're missing in our diet that causes that. I mix meat with the sauce and eat it. That way I get the protien I need. It doesn't have to be spaghetti sauce for me either. I put picante sauce in my beans and I have eaten cherry tomatoes too. Congrats on your weight loss. I'm at -48. Can't wait for -50. Seems like such a milestone. I love this. Carol
Pam P.
on 10/2/06 6:58 am - LaGrange, GA
OMG you have lost 40#? My surgery was 8/28 and I have only loss 24....way to go! Im trying not to get discouraged but its hard! I am eating Turkey Chili also.....not much mind you but they did say its great for protein.... I cant get my water in either...you are getting more than me... its taken me all day long to drink 3/4 of ONE bottle of water so I have got to pu**** now.... Gosh....40....Im jealous! CONGRATS!
LEAH W.
on 10/2/06 12:35 pm - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
24 pounds still isn't bad at all! It is very hard for me to get in the water, I push and push. But there are times during the day when I just can't bear to take another sip. My energy is just now starting to come back so I've been walking for around 30-40 each night and it feels good. I'm trying to work my way up to working out. I don't want to overdo it because there are times during the day when I just feel like I need to take a nap or I'm going to pass out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views