Not getting the "full" feeling?

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/06 12:31 pm
I had my RNY on 8 /23 /06. I just had a quick question for everyone. Do you get the full sensation after you've eaten enough or do you just get nausiated? I have not yet had the " full " feeling i use to get before the RNY. I just get sick at my stomach. Just woundering if thats normal. Thanks, Holly
sunshine22
on 9/29/06 11:40 pm - Karrington, MN
Holly, I had my RNY on 8-8-06 and at first had no idea when I was full so I followed the nutritionists recommendations of 3-4 tbls of solids per "meal" or 1/3 cup. Then around week 4-5, I did have some nausea when too full. Now at 7 weeks out the feeling of fullness is coming back to me..for at least now. Good luck on your journey, Sue.
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/30/06 1:36 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Holly, I get the full feeling....thank goodness I don't get nausiated...yuck! Hugs, Traci
dstlady6
on 9/30/06 2:04 am - WILKE-BARRE, PA
Have you tried "queasy pops?" Maybe, they would help with the nausea. Good luck to you and hope you start feeling better soon! Lady T.
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/06 3:14 pm
Holly I haven't felt nausiated at all when I eat. I do feel "full" though. According to my bariatric office, I should only be getting 2 Tablespoons of food for the first 3 months, then off to 4 Tablespoons (or 1/4 cup) per meal. 6 months out: 1/2 cup 9 months out: 3/4 cup 1 year & beyond: 1 cup I have eatten too fast and had HORRIBLE chest pain-and then girggle girggle my stomach goes and I usually burp when I am "full". I hope you don't feel sick for too much longer hon-I would check with the surgeon's office-maybe there are things that don't mix well for you right now. I know that I am limited to more softer foods still. Could it be the sick to your stomach feeling is "full" for you? I would try eating the same food next time (if you can) but eat less, and see if you still feel like Lisa C. in MN
LEAH W.
on 10/2/06 4:55 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
It's kind of wierd but I don't feel full when I eat. I feel satisfied so I stop. But not feeling "full" is making me a little nervous. Today I had some ground turkey in spaghetti sauce. I ate 3 tablespoons of that and 1 table spoon of peaches. It just seemed like so much. I didn't feel full, but I didn't want anymore I just felt like I had enough. I don't feel sick at all when I eat. I do try to chew pretty good.. but I am not eating slow at all. I'm not eating as fast as I used to, but when I read a lot of posts on here it seems as if everyone is eating really slow and I'm not.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views