Tired, no energy

ohiostar
on 9/29/06 4:42 am - Lancaster, OH
I wondered how everyone else is doing. For the past week or so I have been more tired with little energy. It takes all I can do to move. I've been getting in around 500 calories and averaging 50 grams of protein. I'm trying to up my calories and protein a little. I am finding my pouch is more finicky and upset than early out. The first couple of weeks I had tons of energy. Is this just part of the adjustment process. I did start exercising this week, but didn't go today cause i couldn't get out of bed. I'm 4 weeks out this week. Dianna
pattyg
on 9/29/06 6:23 am - Springfield, IL
I am a bit further out than you and I noticed that for the first two weeks I felt fine (well, fine considering what I had been through) But in week 3 and 4 I had NO energy. Barly made it home from work and had to cra**** took till about week 6 for me to start feeling alive again. Has your doctor done lab work yet? Mine did it at 4 weeks just to make sure I was getting in everything i needed. If you are not scheduled to see him for awhile - I would give him a call just to check to make sure things are progressing normally. But remember -your body has been through a LOT the last month, so give yourself some time to heal and regroup! Take care.
Patricia R.
on 9/29/06 9:29 am - Perry, MI
I am four weeks out, almost five. I am still getting tired a lot. I don't know my caloric intake, but I am struggling to get my protein goal met these days. I just hate the thought of drinking my protein drinks. My energy level was at its peak just before the surgery. I was working two jobs and very active. Now, I am feeling like a blob. They say it gets better. Hugs, Trish
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/06 3:31 pm
Hi Dianna I am about 6 weeks out now and I just had my 1 mo appt. The nurse told me that I should only be getting 300 calories still and I should exercise. She said that my/our bodies are doing the hybernation thing where it wants to hold onto each and every ounce of fat it can. We're supposed to pick up and get moving and then supposedly reap the burst of energy we get from this. Maybe this is what you are feeling too? I see other have lost 2x what I have, also. I have lost 24.5 pounds (at 6 weeks) she also told me to lay off the smoothies and eat the 300 calories. I was doing the smoothies to get the protein in, but she wants me to eat the protein. It is interesting how clinics all around give different information and expectations. I need a kick start in the bootay! Lisa C.
Pam P.
on 10/2/06 7:12 am - LaGrange, GA
Same here guys...TIRED....each day is different...but come Thursday after working full days all week I just wanna fall out....I walk in the door and literally fall into bed... My loss has slowed ...only 24 since surgery on 8/28...but I know my water intake is mostly to blame cause I barely eat and do make sure to get my vitamins and protein in. Have you tried to Body Fortress from Walmart...chocolate honestly taste like chocolate milk...my family has started drinking it too. funny how everyone is different.......but I must admit to being disappointed at it slowing down. My followup they said do protein drinks in place of food.......well that they prefer I get my sources from drinks and not depend on food yet.
Jan C.
on 10/4/06 7:03 am - Cedar Creek, MO
you didnt say how much water you were drinking. I had surgery on the 14th and i feel great except---when i dont get in enough water. It takes a cocentrated effort to get it in but when i do i feel great. Dyhradation is a booger bear and will make you want to lay down and stay there. Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views