Pure Frustration right now

Tanya-RN
on 9/27/06 2:59 am - Spring, TX
I am struggling here guys. I have been stuck on the same weight for 2 weeks. This may not seem like alot to anyone but I am only 8 weeks out today. To get on the scale after choosing the right protein and drinking water when I am not even hungry and not see an ounce is starting to kill me. I thought at first well, aunt Rose came to stay for awhile. Ok she left and nope. I went back to work for the first time after 6 weeks off and nope again. I set myself up on that one too, as I swore I would be able to lose a huge amount by going back to work. I have been more active than when I was sitting around here doing nothing. I am no longer walking cause of 3 straight 12's and then camping, hiking and 4 wheeling for 3 days in a row. Sweating to death as well. No again. I am going to go reactivate my membership to 24 hour fitness today when I wake up. I got to work last night and was talking with my unit Doctor and burst into tears. I asked is my tool broken, am I once again failing ANOTHER diet and on and on. There I go again with these tears. He reassured me but I heard nothing as all I could hear was my failing. I spent 16 weeks drinking only 800 calories with no food and lost 24 pounds only. I seem to get to this exact weight of around 220 and dont ever move. I cant take another failure. My clothes are the same I think- still baggy but not enough to move to the next lower size. I do fitday everyday and my calories are between 400-800. There is NO sugar, bread, pasta and so forth. I eat cottage cheese with pineapple, salmon, chicken liver, pork chops, beans and cheese ( lots of cubes, string and so forth) protein shakes to get in more protein, no lactose, yogurt and chicken salad. Lots of water, coffee and sugar free kool aid packets. Where am I going wrong???? I am aware I am whinning here, and I dont mean to seem so self centered when others are struggling with their very lives. But my self-esteem is crap right now. I feel as if I am a failure once again and not sure if I can handle ONE more time. I took my life in my doctors hands and my children having a mom to beat this once and for all. My heart is hurting and I feel defeated. God please place your hands on me and help me discover peace within. Anyone have any suggestions here? I cant talk to my "other friends" cause they are all going to say see I told you this would never work and so forth. You know, do and feel and understand this right? Man this is so hard to admit and be vunerable. Thanks for allowing me spill it here- means more than you will ever know..... Tanya 252/261/220/140 STILLLLLLLL
Patricia R.
on 9/27/06 3:24 am - Perry, MI
My first thought is where are you in your monthly cycle, and could it be water weight related to your cycle? Keep up with the protein, and water intake, and increase your exercise. Most of the old timers on the PA forum say that this means your weight is shifting around. I hope you are able to start losing soon. Hugs, Trish
ohiostar
on 9/27/06 3:59 am - Lancaster, OH
Hugs. Don't have any advice you don't already know but wanted you to know that I understand. I'm at a stall. I'm 4 weeks out today. It is so frustrating. And the fear is so real. Hang in there. I know this tool will work. Email me if you want to vent some more cause as we know the scale is not fair. Dianna
burgundylady2003
on 9/27/06 7:30 am - small town, Canada
I feel your pain. I too thought the weight would come off a lot faster, and I have not lost in the last week. I am 4 weeks out, and lost 15 pounds the first 2 weeks, then 5 the 3rd week, then nothing. It is starting to really make me worry and frustrated too. You are doing everything right....it scares me too. I guess I always thought, once I have this, and follow the rules it would work right? Sharing your frustration, hang in there, Cindy
newme2be
on 9/27/06 9:41 am - braselton, GA
i also was in your shoes i lost 40 in 4 weeks then nothing for 2 weeks and 2 days but then this week i have lost 7 more pounds,,, so all i can say is hang in there it will move again
utendn
on 9/27/06 10:46 am - Boise, ID
Hi Tanya. Sweetie, I am SO sorry you are feeling like a failure. That was kinda what my last post on this board was about. It makes me sad to think of all of us going through all this mental bs because we are afraid this isn't going to work for us...and then we have tried EVERYTHING and have FAILED EVERYTHING. I can totally relate. *My* personal suggestion is to up your calories. 800 is good, but 400 is not. Your body may be in starvation mode when you only get 400 calories. I have read more than one profile (that is my Obesityhelp.com obsession--reading profiles) that said that when they stalled, and increasing their water didn't work, increasing their exercise didn't work, they finally tried increasing their calories and/or protein, and THAT worked. I know it sounds crazy but if you've tried everything else, why not try this? I do not accuse you or anyone of "whining"--these are **real** concerns, and I share these concerns. I wish you continued success and a downward spiral on the scale. UTE_NDN
reggiet1
on 9/27/06 1:29 pm - Cleveland, TX
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/06 3:44 pm
Reggie thanks for the tip on this post. lisa c.
dren
on 9/27/06 5:35 pm - Big Clifty, KY
Drink more water. The more water you drink the more you lose. I try to drink 100 ounces a day. Drenda
pattyg
on 9/28/06 10:56 pm - Springfield, IL
Tanya I so know how you are feeling. I am one day before you and I finally figured out my body is "cycling" sort to speak. The first week of the month - I lose 1-2 pounds a day. The second and third week of the month - NOTHING! The forth week of the month - no scale loss, but I do notice changes in my body (clothes fit better, more energy, etc). Then the cycle repeats itself. You have just been through a MAJOR surgery girl. Your body is adjusting. That does not mean the surgery is not working - it is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing. According to your tag line - you have lost 41 pounds - that is a bit over 5 pounds a WEEK since your surgery! When have you ever lost that before?? Please do not put so much faith in the scale. You are doing wonderful - exactly what you SHOULD be doing. Keep up with the protien and water and the scale WILL start to move again. This is NOT an instant fix - but I guarenttee you this time next year you will be staring your goal of 140 in the face!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views