Anyone else hungry?

Jaime Moore
on 9/26/06 4:25 am - Daytona Beach, FL
I eat my normal three meals a day but lately I have been getting hungry. I had open RNY on 8-9-06 and I get about 65-75 grams of protein a day. I just get hungry every 2-3 hours. Is this happening to anyone else?
Patricia R.
on 9/26/06 4:40 am - Perry, MI
Speak to your nutritionist. Your blood sugar may be low. My nutritionist says I have to eat six small meals a day. A meal could be a glass of milk. Good luck. Hugs, Trish
burgundylady2003
on 9/26/06 8:05 am - small town, Canada
Hi, yes I get hungry too. I find I have 3 meals and 2 to 3 snacks a day. A snack might mean an apple (peeled), cheese string, yogurt or cracker and tuna. I also have become a tea drinker again as I get tired of the water, for some reason it does not really appeal to me when I have to take little sips... I can usually drink a whole cup of tea. Lately though I have been starting to crave sweets. I had my first cookie the other day, it was good! lol I need to watch that though. Some days I am hungry and other days I could care less if I eat anything. now the topic made me hungry...going to have a cup of tea instead... Cheers! Cindy
Jaime Moore
on 9/26/06 10:04 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
Thanks it helps knowing that I'm not alone. I spoke with my Surgeon and he expects me to be eating 2/3c each meal. I am only eating 1/4c so maybe that's why. I will start eating 6 small meals though like a pc of fruit or something. I really just never expected to be hungry after surgery. I also drink green tea every morning and I think that helps a little. I haven't really started craving sweets yet except when I start my period. I bought some fresh fruit last night and if I do get hungry today will be eating that in between meals.
utendn
on 9/27/06 12:36 am - Boise, ID
Hi. I must say that all my hunger is head hunger, except for a few times when I don't eat for like hours. I find that after 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours, I do get really hungry. So I've been trying to make sure I eat every 4 hours. But as I said, my hunger is head hunger. I will wander into the kitchen and open the fridge and think, "Hmm...what is there in here for me?" Then I realize what I'm doing and close that fridge door! I am also a tea drinker, and I've been adding milk, which helps my protein intake. NOTHING makes me sick or ill. I have not vomited or gotten nauseated at all since my surgery--one month tomorrow. I do not crave sweets and won't go there. However, all this is due to how I was BEFORE the surgery. I have always had an iron stomach, and nothing has changed. Also before the surgery I was never a big sweet eater--candies, cookies, cakes, etc. Just didn't like 'em. NEwayz, I thought I would throw in the "head hunger" issue just in case some of you are suffering from that like I am. Also, make sure to drink and drink and drink between your meals. Sometimes we may think we are hungry, but really we are thirsty. Oh yeah, my doc told me that we should be losing an average of 20 lbs a month for the first three months, so if you are close to that, you are on target. I wish you continued success and a downward spiral on the scale UTE_NDN
Lavon
on 10/7/06 9:36 am - Turlock, CA
Jaime, I too had RNY but lap on 8/9/2006 and have lost 32 lbs since. I have yet to get hungry. I do get an empty feeling when it is time to eat. I eat four times a day and get in all my protein and water. Are you making sure you are getting enough protein and water daily? Blessings, Lavon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views