Is it over??

clegate
on 9/25/06 9:51 am - Shelton, WA
I'm crossing my fingers that I have finally made my way through to the other side of my first stall. I waivered between 242 and 241 then yesterday I was back down to 240 and today.....238. I hope, I hope, I hope. Anyone know how to tell if you've actually made it through one of those things? Thanks, Carol
babs810
on 9/25/06 12:07 pm - Boston, MA
Hi i am not sure about getting through a stall because i am having one myself......I have stayed the same for 6 days now & yeah its frustrating... because i just started pureed food when i started to stall & i am not sure if its from that.......Barbara :angst:
Patricia R.
on 9/25/06 12:12 pm - Perry, MI
I would recommend not weighing yourself everyday. I do not own a scale. I go once a week to weigh myself at the hospital where I had my surgery. When I get back to work, I will use the nurse's scale once a week. Congrats on breaking through the stall. Hugs, Trish
utendn
on 9/27/06 12:41 am - Boise, ID
Hi. I weigh myself daily, but some people can't handle the stress of plateaus. I did plateau about 3 1/2 weeks out, but it was totally because of my period, and after about 5 or 6 days, the scale started moving again. I know that with the amount of food I'm taking in, which is about 2 to 3 oz at a time depending on the food, my basal metabolic rate alone is working to help me lose weight. Then exercise boosts that. I do sometimes get a little worried that this might not work for me, but I really think that's me just being paranoid. If I'm a year out and haven't lost anything, THEN I'll be freaking out! UTE_NDN
clegate
on 9/27/06 1:03 am - Shelton, WA
Thanks for the support from everyone. The scale is moving again. Yes, I know I shouldn't weigh everyday but I just can't resist. I have hated the scale for nearly all my life and now it's kind of a friend. For those in stalls, hope yours ends soon. Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views