soooooooooo mad

dazed
on 9/25/06 12:03 am - Kansas City, MO
I weighed today and I'm up 2 lbs. How the &*#$@!!!!!! can you gain weight? I want to say f---- it and go eat all kinds of crap but I can't. I suppose that's good but I know I'm getting depressed over this. I drink my water, get my protien in, take my vitamins and if I "cheated" it was only one bite of my kids nachos at the ball field. So now I'll stop ranting because I could go on forever about the INJUSTICE. I'm probably the one who won't lose weight. I could never comprehend losing as much weight as the dr. told me, I just didn't think it would happen. And, if I only lose 32 lbs after having this surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh. Ok, I will stop now.(maybe) getting bigger
Patricia R.
on 9/25/06 12:22 am - Perry, MI
So sorry to hear you are gaining. I can't tell if you are a woman or not, but I am going to guess you are a woman. Could it be PMS time and you might be retaining water? Just a thought. Hugs, Trish
ohiostar
on 9/25/06 12:25 am - Lancaster, OH
Same reason as before surgery....water weight... the way you stand on the scale. I weighed myself yesterday and was up 2 lbs. Today I was done 2 lbs. Don't let the scale rule your life. You are doing all the right things and the weight will come off. Hang in there. I think we all are scared at this point that it won't work for us or that we are doing something wrong. I worry am I eating too much, not enough the right things, etc. It will come off. You are doing this. Dianna
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/25/06 6:50 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
I am so sorry...I too have gained weight. But it is near that time of the month...so I am not worried yet. I struggle with my water, I do get my protein in but the water is really hard for me. YOu will start to loose again...just relax. I on the other hand am hoping that Aunt Flo will hurry up and come to town! Hugs and Stay Strong!!! Traci
utendn
on 9/27/06 12:48 am - Boise, ID
I also gained a lb when it was my time of the month. And actually, right before that I plateaued and the scale didn't move for like 5 days. I did NOT panic! I know I am going to be successful. If you tell yourself you are going to fail, and that this surgery won't work for you, then all it does is cause mental anguish. If you are eating right, and EXERCISING, then this should work. Don't freak out but give yourself kudos. Don't get me wrong, though! I had the thought that my surgeon didn't really perform the surgery on me, and I wasn't going to lose weight. Okay, maybe that's a delusion, LOL. But it's true, that's what I thought. I had to talk myself out of that one! Next funky thought of mine was the same as yours, "This surgery isn't going to work for me." I even know of someone who had the surgery and didn't get all trim and slim. She DID lose weight, and I just told myself to shut the h*ll up and quit tripping on the stupid stuff. Pat yourself on the back, feed your brain good messages, keep a positive attitude and follow the diet and exercise plan. YOU CAN DO THIS!! UTE_NDN
just jacie
on 9/27/06 2:35 am - Minneapolis, MN
OMG, I am pretty sure this happens to quite a few people. It's impossible for you to actually gain fat at this point, so it has to be water or something else. Don't stress about it. I've had a few days where my weight has gone up so now I only weigh myself once a week. If I do breakdown and weigh in between there I know to not stress about it if it shows something I don't like. Maybe I read the boards too much but I have read so many posts from people who have gone through this I know it's not a big deal. Everything will be OK.
honeymoo
on 9/27/06 4:08 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
I know how you are feeling but think about it there is no way at this point you will gain actual weight we are not eating nearly enough, I think they say it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound. Think about how much you have lost in such a short period of time, when was the last time you did that? Your body needs to adjust be easy on yourself this is a HUGE adjustment for all of us. I have been the same for almost for over a week, it's going to come off just be patient. Good Luck Gwen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views