Hello....How much can you eat???

Ms.Traci C.
on 9/22/06 12:26 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hello Everyone! I am wondering how much everyone can eat??? I am begining to worry because I can eat about 1/4 cup of food. The Weight Loss For Dummies book says I should eat 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoon. I am not worried.....YET. I am able to get my protein in with food which I am so grateful for because the shakes were killing me. I do have shakes at least three times a week after working out with the trainer. How much can you eat?? Hugs Traci
newme2be
on 9/22/06 12:58 pm - braselton, GA
as for me im about the same as you are and i was also concerned it might be too much ... its just so hard to tell
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/23/06 4:24 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Thanks for replying. I think we are doing okay. Hugs, Traci
burgundylady2003
on 9/22/06 2:51 pm - small town, Canada
Hi Traci, My dietician said I would start by eating about a 1/2 cup and go up to a cup. I can eat about a 1/2 of cup now. That is strange that that book said so little. I don't know. Cindy
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/23/06 4:21 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Cindy, Thanks so much for replying! I was a little scared but also happy that I could eat. I guess I should stop reading that book....I couldn't sleep. Hugs, Traci
Jen F.
on 9/23/06 4:49 am - Minneapolis, MN
My doctor's plan says 3 tablespoons 3 times per day. 1/4 C at 3 months.
just jacie
on 9/23/06 6:08 am - Minneapolis, MN
I was told it depends on the food. For soft things like oatmeal, etc... my nut. said I could have 1/4 to 1/3 cup. For more solid things such as meat I'm just supposed to weigh them and have about 2 ounces. jacie
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/24/06 2:25 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Jacie, I think that is what I am eating also. The denser the protein the less I can eat. Thanks Traci
AmyinMA
on 9/23/06 7:22 am - Springfield, MA
I"m sure every surgeon's plan is different. The plan I follow allows a total of five 1/2-cup servings of starches (1), fruits (2) & veggies (2) and six 1-oz servings of meat/protein. I am not able to eat all of this! I can only get in about 1/4 cup and can usually only get in my protein servings. If I decide to have a serving of fruit or veggies I usually have to eliminate a protein. The tablespoon thing doesn't sound right to me- I would ask you nut or surgeon.
Patricia R.
on 9/23/06 10:19 am - Perry, MI
I am still on pureed food, and I can get in about half cup. I am afraid that is too much too. I am having things like cottage cheese and refried beans. Thanks for the topic. Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views