Help me August people

sunshine22
on 9/22/06 6:52 am - Karrington, MN
I am 6 weeks out and I use to relieve stress by eating ...but I cant go for a walk today its raining out...I feel sick...frustrated and just want to medicate myself like I use to with food...and ideas?
AmyinMA
on 9/22/06 8:16 am - Springfield, MA
If you are close enough, go to the mall to do your walking.
Patricia R.
on 9/22/06 12:14 pm - Perry, MI
For future rainy days get Leslie Sansome's "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD. You walk in place to music with her. She is great. Also, calm yourself with meditation, prayer, listening to soothing music, crochet, knit, journaling, these are all things I try to do to not eat like I used to. Hugs, Trish
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/22/06 12:15 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Sue, I am so sorry. It is raining here too...I took a short nap and felt a lot better when I woke up. Now...I ate way too much for dinner!!! Whew.....doesn't feel good at all....pouch is too full. Hugs, Traci
Jen F.
on 9/23/06 4:48 am - Minneapolis, MN
Go walk in the rain. Pick up a craft or project. Call a friend to talk about what is stressing you. Write in a journal.
just jacie
on 9/23/06 6:10 am - Minneapolis, MN
I'll usually either clean or read. jacie
utendn
on 9/27/06 1:05 am - Boise, ID
Unless you're made of sugar, or are related to the Wicked Witch of the West, there is no reason you can't walk in the rain. So what if you get wet? Would you rather eat? Even if you don't have an umbrella you could still go...I'd get an umbrella, though, unless it's too windy, then I'd buy a hat. I'd be wary of telling myself I can't exercise because of this reason or that reason. Don't get me wrong, though. I really have to make myself exercise. It was also said to find some other stress relievers...cleaning, journaling, knitting or some handsy project, bathing, showering, driving...there's lots to do if you really want. I wish you continued success and a downward spiral on the scale. YOU CAN DO THIS! UTE_NDN
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views