Open RNY 8-8-06

sunshine22
on 9/19/06 11:19 pm - Karrington, MN
almost 6 weeks out. Energy is coming back, but I go to bed early, 9pm. Still can only eat 3-4 tbls each "meal" and trying to get all tha****er in. I did throw up last evening on some fish that I had baked and was wonderful the first time, but must have dried out in the frig. I have to remember Eat Moist Foods!...or I clog. Back to exercise "walking" or anything ...I've been slacking...anyone else?
clegate
on 9/20/06 8:02 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Sue, We have the same re-birthday. Nice to meet you. I haven't posted here before. I usually post on the Washington boards. Glad to have found this one though. How are you doing? I lost 40 lbs pre-op and during the 1st month but during this last week, I have stalled. I have spoken with my Nutri and she says to not worry about it but...well, it just hard to give up those old habits. I know it will happen but I'm anxious. I have the same problem with dry meats. Funny though, I can eat dry grains but not meat. I loose them everytime. I'm still eating on 3-4 TBS at a meal myself. I'm OK with that though. As for exercise, I kind of swing back and forth from doing really well to not enough. It's been raining and I'm having trouble getting myself out to walk. Maybe tonight. Good luck, Carol
sunshine22
on 9/20/06 10:52 pm - Karrington, MN
Carol, Thanks for the reply. Yes! the same re-birth day. I lost 26 lbs pre-surgery. I have lost 23 since surgery. I am feeling fine, and my incision has healed. No complications, thank goodness. It is getting cooler here in Minnesota, so I dont want to go outside to walk as much lately. I must start using my treadmill. Best wishes to you, keep me posted on your progress..Sue
reggiet1
on 9/20/06 1:30 pm - Cleveland, TX
I had my lap on 8/14 then open on 8/16 I think I might try to go back to work but the energy is coming back slowly for me. And I have not tried fish but tried tuna and it came back up. Good luck to you all. Hard for me to get the shakes down since I dump easy on them.
sunshine22
on 9/20/06 10:45 pm - Karrington, MN
Reggie, Thanks for the reply. If you have short term disability try to rest, and do your walking for another week, it will help. If you have an incision you dont want that to open or get a hernia. Are your shakes sugar free and low carb? Aitkins makes some good ones I found at GNC store. I like the Healthy choice soups, yogurt and cottage cheese. I wish you the best, keep up the good work. Sue.
clegate
on 9/21/06 1:04 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Reggie, I can't drink shakes either. They hurt! My nutritionist said to leave them alone so I think I'll follow her advice. Also, my surgeon doesn't advocate the use of protien drinks. He wants us to get protein from food. What happened that they had to go back in and change to an open procedure for you? By the way, where is your town in TX? I used to live outside New Braunfels just north of San Antonio. I don't miss the heat. Carol
reggiet1
on 9/21/06 4:09 pm - Cleveland, TX
Well I use ISOPURE low carb shakes with 2% milk. I had my lap on 14th they had to keep me on Phenergan the whole time thinking it was just the meds but on the 15th same thing. They wheeled me out I told them I did not feel good. My wife drove me home I came home got in bed was feeling real bad then I started throwing up all night long. My doctor was at a different hospital that day he said to come up there in er went they found my old stomach had 3 liters of fluid and was about to burst. they went back in drained old stomach and put in drain tubes they looked for blockage but found none. It was not till like 4 days later I went to xray they injected die into drain tube to find blockage but they were not good xrays after that it started draining on its on.
Amie Straiton
on 9/22/06 1:35 pm - Spring, TX
Hey Reggie, I mostly post on the TX boards and havent seen you in a while. I have been wondering how you are doing ? I hope you arent having any problems. I found a protein drink at Smoothie King made by Labrada, It is Chocolate Ice Cream flavor and sits pretty well, I do find that it is a bit sweet so I have been mixing 1/2 the bottle (1 bottle 17oz with 40 gr protein) with 4 oz of Mootopia Milk that gives me 27 grams of protien and it it more tolerable as it isnt so sweet. I have been fortunate not to have any nausea issues to speak of. I wish you the best ~~ Amie
reggiet1
on 9/22/06 4:21 pm - Cleveland, TX
HI, I ordered some of this tonight. Grape flavor more of a beverage than a shake. Tired of shakes and last two times I took them I had bad days. So I will switch for a while. I am over on Texas from time to time or here or on the mens bloard. I am heading over to Texas to see if there is a update on Tom see you there. Protein Twist (40g of Protein) by Scifit 40 grams of Protein Compares to Iso-Pure from Natures Best Protein Twist Key Features: 40 Grams of Whey Protein Isolate 1 Gram of Carbs 0 Grams of fat Protein Twist SciFit Serving Size: 1 20oz bottle Servings Per Container: - 1 Calories - 170 Calories from Fat - 0 Total Fat - 0g 0% Saturated Fat - 0g 0% Cholesterol - 0mg 0% Sodium -175mg 7% Potassium - 310mg 9% Total Carbohydrates - 1g 0% Dietary Fiber - 0g 0% Sugars - 0.5g ? Protein - 40g 80% Vitamin A - 0IU 0% Vitamin C - 0mg 0% Calcium - 180mg 18% Iron - 0mg 0% Ingredients: Water, Whey Protein Isolate, Phosphoric Acid, Natural and Artificia Flavors, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorate, Acesulfame, Potassium, Sucralose, Red #40, Blue #1
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views