A little more tired

ohiostar
on 9/18/06 6:09 am - Lancaster, OH
I am almost 3 weeks out and I am feeling a little more tired now than I did when I first got home. I am getting between 300 and 500 calories a day and average around 50 grams of protein. I see my doctor and nutritionous tomorrow so manybe they can help me get in more protein. I must admit that I am getting really tired of purees and have to make myself eat. Hopefully they will advance me to soft foods tomorrow. This doctor tends to advance people fairly quickly. I came out of the hopistal on purees. Other than being tired I am feeling great. I went to PCP today and have lost 30 lbs since surgery and a total of 49 lbs. I don't think I have weighed this little in 7 or 8 years. Dianna
Pam P.
on 9/18/06 6:38 am - LaGrange, GA
omg Dianna THIRTY POUNDS already! WOW that is amazing.........my surgery was 2 days prior to yours and I have only lost 19.5..........but on the TIRED thing....gosh I am always tired......Im really pushing it to work all day today, Im watching the clock so I can run home and LAY DOWN........ what all are you eating you are doing much better than me.....I dont want anything at all so everything is an issue for me....and I know thats why Im loosing as fast!
breno
on 9/18/06 7:07 am
Glad to read this post- I am 3.5 weeks post op and I too am feeling a bit sluggish by this time in the afternoon. I am on 200-400 pureed calories and though pretty sure I am going to whole food after the nutrition calls me this Thursday I am toughing it out with pureed bean with bacon soup, cottage cheese with chicken meat, cream of wheat with a baby teaspoon of sf jelly ( yummy this helps ) sometimes just Dannon Light yogurts found the ones with 60 calories only in Vanilla, Strawberry and blueberry (variety helps) I did like the salmon patty ground down into cottage cheese for a few days and turkey chili- none really is appetizing to me now. I do like to lick a tablespoon of peanut butter ... Slowly moving - but I was 14 pounds before surgery plus 25 after up to Sat which is 41 total pounds of toxic fat out of my body...I found the easiest way to pump the fluids is those hot herbal teas! I can get two 16 oz cups of tea down plus another 16 oz of chicken broth- by the way the calcium disolves better in hot liquids than my jug of Crystal Light. But I am slowly walking- need motivation with the knee joints that were replaced and how do ya'll deal with the PMS cravings?:-l BRENDA
Patricia R.
on 9/18/06 8:03 am - Perry, MI
I am exactly three weeks out today. I just moved to pureed food and will be on it for two whole weeks before graduating to soft foods two weeks from now. My protein goal is 78 grams a day. My liquid goal is 64 ounces, but I usually get more than that. I was encouraged to get more exercise in to get more energy, and I found it works. The more I walk and ride my recumbant bike, the better I feel. Make sure you are getting your protein and liquid in, and make sure you are walking everyday. Hugs, Trish
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/18/06 12:38 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Wow Trish! You are doing excellent. I am still struggling with my water but it is improving I must say. I am enjoying eating....I can't say that I won't need a protein drink now and then....but I trying to get as much protein through food that I can. Started my program at the gym today...could only do 17 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the bike...hoping to get better as the week progresses. Weight day is tomorrow.....started to work out with weights....harder than I thought. I have decided to only weigh weekly....I know I would become a slave to that scale . So I weigh on Thursday. Take Care! Traci
wishing_I_was_small
on 9/18/06 3:02 pm - Columbia, MD
I'm right with you on the tired thing. I am a late bird but I am either napping or wishing I was napping all day long. I have the lap band and I'm back on solids but I'm still exhausted. My husband got on me about not helping more today, I don't know what to say, I'm exhausted.
miztex
on 9/22/06 12:41 pm - Pharr, TX
Tell your husband that for some people it is normal to be tired for up to 4 or 5 weeks. He doesn't understand, poor thing. Mine didn't either, until he had surgery 8 months after mine. THEN he got it. Although he was back at work in three weeks, and worked from home after two weeks, he wasn't back to himself for two months. Try to identify your best times of the day ( mine were about an hour after a meal, before was too soon and after that I was out of gas again.) Use those times to do little jobs. I folded clothes sitting on the bed (he carried them in), I dried dishes sitting at the table( he washed and my little boy did put away), I did light dusting( no low bending or high reaching) and he vacuumed. Since he does all the cooking anyway, that was no problem. The hubby is probably exhausted by now, too. Call in a friend to take the kids or call out for pizza to give him a break. My hubby wouldn't order pizza for fear of "upsetting me" I laughed and said" Nah, it gags me to look at it. Enjoy!" Bless his little heart, he made me a protein pizza!!!!( protein mix in pureed cottage cheese with italian seasonings, tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. ) 20 months later it sounds awful, but at the time it was GREAT!!!! Best wishes Lou Ann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views