Help.......Having a problem!!!

ncchris98
on 9/17/06 10:55 pm - Granite Falls, NC
Ok guys, last Monday when I weighed I had gone from 371 pre-op down to 342. Today I weighed and I was 343.3 That is up 1.3 pounds. Am I doing something wrong. This really worries me. I am not eating very much. I usually eat an egg with 1 piece of 2% cheese and that gives me 11g of protein at breakfast. I usually eat some type of grilled chicken at lunch and then at supper I have been eating my protein foods first. I have been trying to avoid the carbs as much as possible, Lord knows by the time I eat my protein there is very little room for carbs. This has got me so disheartened. Any suggestions? Chris
Patricia R.
on 9/17/06 11:05 pm - Perry, MI
What does your exercise program look like? I have to walk at least 20 minutes a day. Hugs, Trish
ncchris98
on 9/17/06 11:12 pm - Granite Falls, NC
Trish, You may have highlited my problem. I have been slack with the exercise. I've been walking about a mile each time I walk but only walking a couple of times a week. I should really be exercising every day. Chris
ohiostar
on 9/18/06 12:00 am - Lancaster, OH
It could be water weight. Don't let the scale be your deciding factor. You sound like you are doing all the right things. Dianna
burgundylady2003
on 9/18/06 12:46 am - small town, Canada
Chris, I think you are doing it right. It is important not to starve ourselves at this time. I am surprised how little others are eating at this time. I think by eating protein first and choosing low fat options you are doing well. I found last week I had not lost a pound, then all of a sudden I had lost 4, I think that is just the way it goes. Hang in there, be patient and the weight has got to come off...at least that is what I am hoping for me too! And yes, remember the water and exercise too. Cindy
jolook
on 9/18/06 3:32 am - Rexburg, ID
the days when I don't lose, or gain, (I gained 2lbs. overnight once) where when I didn't drink enough water the previous day. I still am not getting 64oz. a day in, (maybe I get 50) but dehydration will cause you to retain every ounce you' ve got. So bottoms up girl!
Pam P.
on 9/18/06 4:22 am - LaGrange, GA
same thing here Chris.........we sound just alike.... I just returned from 5 days at the beach and didnt loose a single pound......but I know I feel bloated and no I didnt drink like I should nor eat like I should....... So we gotta do better and get tha****er and food in......... and walking.......Im ready (if I can find the energy) but my doc wont let us exercise until we are 1 month out! I know that is going to help me alot!
pattyg
on 9/19/06 4:17 am - Springfield, IL
Chris I had surgery on August 1st and went through the same issue at one point. I finally figured out that my wieght loss is on a "cycle" if you will I will lose almost a pound a day - for about 10 days. Then for about a week I will maintain that weight. The next week - I will bounce around (about 5 pounds up/down). then the cycle will start all over again and I will continue to lose. PLEASE do not focus on the scale so much. Our bodies are going through a tremendous adjustment. Just because you gained 1.3 pounds does not mean you are doing anything wrong. There are TONS of factors here. How do you FEEL? How are your clothes fitting? Are you losing inches? Just continue to follow the guidelines set by your doctor/nutritionist and you will do fine! This time next year you will look back and see just how far you have come!
cassie57
on 9/22/06 6:42 pm - Perth, Australia
Hi Chris...don't panic. Have you measured yourself in your undies? I seem to stand still weight wise and then my clothes appear looser,,my DS actually measured me 3 weeks ago for the 1st time,,had forgotten to do it before I went in for the lapbanding. Don't be too hard on yourself,,due to another unrelated and physical problem ,I cannot do any formal exercise so I walk round and round my backyard and the local huge shopping centre as many days as I can,,it all helps. Take heart, it will work,,Cheers,, Carol
Jen F.
on 9/23/06 4:44 am - Minneapolis, MN
You just had surgery, you couldn't possibly be doing anything to yourself that would make you gain weight at this point and as it is, you didn't put on much weight. Could you be getting your period?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views