the hunger passes

jolook
on 9/15/06 10:43 am - Rexburg, ID
I too felt hungry after l week out much to my surprise. Of course I couldn't eat anything substantial and just the water kind of made me forget about food. Now 3 weeks out I find that I have to remember to eat and it is not really pleasant to eat. I hate taking 20 minutes to eat 2oz. so I've started fixing something and leaving it on the counter and taking little bites as I go by until it's gone. The most satisfying thing I've had was 2 boiled shrimp when we went to a restaurant. I ordered a shrimp ****tail, ate two in 20 minutes and my husband polished off the rest. I felt like I had had a real meal that tasted good. I'm afraid I might be eating too many carbs in these "creamy soups" but my weight loss is 21lbs. in 3wks. so I guess I'm doing o.k. I tried a sugar free jello pudding with 7 carbs. last night and experienced my first "dumping". I hear a lot of you talk about s/f pudding, can you tolerate it? Thanks for any input. Jo
Smsliberty04
on 9/15/06 4:19 pm - Sulphur, KY
This is just an idea -- I haven't even had surgery yet. But, have you tried thinning the pudding with some milk? Or try freezing it?? Just thoughts -- I'm going to try all kinds of things, I'm sure. But, some people just can't tolerate the foods they used to love and enjoy. Just keep on drinking tha****er and getting in your protein. The rest will come later, I'm sure. It just takes some longer than others. Everybodies' body is different. Hang in there! Hugs Sharee
Patricia R.
on 9/16/06 4:41 am - Perry, MI
My hospital has a strict diet regimen that I follow. I will be three weeks out on Monday, I am on a full liquid diet till then. Then I go to pureed foods for two weeks. Then soft foods for a week. No real food for three more weeks. I am able to tolerate sugar free pudding, and love it dearly. I am going to buy some sugar free ice cream pops next. I am sick of liquids and cannot wait till I can eat some good food. I am hungry all the time. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views