What did you have to eat today???

Ms.Traci C.
on 9/15/06 1:01 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Okay everyone....most of us are eating now? How is it going? What are you eating? Still having problems getting in my water but I now know why....I don't like water anymore, I am shocked because I drank a gallon a day prior to surgery. The taste is different. . My menu: B: Stallone Pudding S: Isopure Alpine Punch L: Salmon Salad with Spicy Mayo, a little pickle juice D: The rest of the Stallone Pudding...and 2 oz of Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt S: Protein Shake Water, Water...Tea Hugs, Traci
Smsliberty04
on 9/15/06 4:21 pm - Sulphur, KY
Try putting some lemon or lime in your water. That might help. (Just another idea... ha ha) Sharee
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/16/06 2:04 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
HI Sharee! There you are! I must confess that I am a lemon addict....or former addict. , I am trying to not use it because I know I will just become as obsessed as I was 6 months ago. Plus...I don't know about the added acid in my pouch. Just nervous...hehe. How are you doing? Hugs, Traci
Smsliberty04
on 9/16/06 12:02 pm - Sulphur, KY
I know what you mean about being nervous. But, I guess I'll try anything once, unless they tell me to definitely not have it... ha ha I hear once is all it will take... ha ha I've been doing lousy with this nasty sinus, cold, flu thing. But, I am feeling better today. I took some Mucinex and it has helped a lot. I had a few of those Hall's breezers cough drops and some Vitamin C drops. I took some stress tab vitamins too. I'm almost as good as new. I have a congested cough every once in a while. But other than that, I guess I"m good. Still waiting on that call for surgery. I'm going to call them on Monday. Hugs, Sharee
cj29
on 9/15/06 7:39 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Traci, I'm supposed to still be on pureed foods. I have now incorperated 2 TS of reduced fat peanut butter to help w/the protein. 1-2 Hank's Finest Protein Shakes a day, along with all my vits, b-12, biotin, etc... Today I had a protein shake, 1 hr later an 2 oz of mushed bannana's for breakfast; 6oz of watery egg drop soup for lunch and for dinner the other 6 oz's of egg drop soup. My trouble is late night, I am most hungry so I had 2 TS of PB and it solved my cravings. My liquid is hard; consuming about 30-48 oz a day with my Crystal Lite & water. My top 3 challenges are scheduling my meals; drinking; & protein. I know pratice makes perfect and it's all trial & error. Best of luck to you! Carrie
burgundylady2003
on 9/15/06 9:53 pm - small town, Canada
Hey Traci, I am pretty much eating regular food. Here is what I had today. B- oatmeal and milk 1/2 c S- 1/2 c V8 juice L-scotch broth soup and 1 slice chicken breast S- 1/2 hot choc D- chicken breast, carrots, brocolli, pasta (about 1/2 c altogether) S- pear about 5 sun chips (a multigrain chips, my girls were munching on while we watched movie United 93 (v. good btw), I ate them very slowly and they seemed to go down ok. I am the same as you, water does not appeal to me...except it bugs me NOT being able to drink it during meals....THEN I want it...lol I havent been having the protein shakes, my dietician really believes in getting them from the food. I am supposed to have about 70 g a day, but so far havent gotten up to 50 yet. Usually I am around 40 to 50. I am going to call my dietician on Monday to see if I should supp with a shake. One more thing, I found the site, fitday.com very useful. You enter what you ate and it calculates the nutrients...very helpful to see the protein. Also does the calories. Even though it seemed like I ate quite a bit yesterday it was only 579 calories. Live, love, Laugh & Learn Cindy
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/16/06 2:00 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Cindy, I too like Fitday! It has been really helpful for me to be honest about my protein intake. I am trying to increase my food intake too...I am on pureed/soft diet and it is going well so far. I love Sun Chips and actually have a bag in the kitchen...but trying to increase the protein intake I ordered some Soy chips...haven't tried them yet but I will let you know how they are. I think you are doing great...you are eating normally. That is my goal before returning to work. Hugs, Traci
Patricia R.
on 9/16/06 6:41 am - Perry, MI
I am still on full liquids. B: a few ounces of a protein shake S: diet iced tea L: Soup S: 2 ounces of yogurt D: Soup For snack I will have pudding. Hugs, Trish
LEAH W.
on 9/16/06 9:37 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Hello everyone. I'm not doing too well on my post op diet I'm not eating bad foods but sometimes I realize that I don't have breakfast. Like today. AND I'm not able to get in all of my liquids. B - WATER L- Tofu with onions and some hot curry sauce (less than 1 gram of sugar) D- String cheese S- may have some s.f. pudding. I'll make it with skim milk or lactaid I'm thinking I may not be eating enough. I'm sure that is no where near 500 calories. Is that what we should be eating by now?
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/16/06 1:52 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
I am right there with you Leah! I don't eat breakfast and I am having a really hard time with my water. I am going to try to do better tomorrow. Hugs, Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views