Tired all the time

Patricia R.
on 9/11/06 12:07 am - Perry, MI
I am two weeks out and once I take my walk and do anything around the house, I pass out from exhaustion. Anyone else having exhaustion? My surgery was open, so people tell me that is normal. I want my energy back. Hugs, Trish
LEAH W.
on 9/11/06 1:48 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Hi Trish! I'm sorry to hear that you are getting so tired but I do think you will start to feel better eventually. I remember reading some profiles and that was one thing that a lot of people wrote about. It seems as if their energy starting coming back after a few weeks out. I say if you get tired, take a nap or get a good rest. Pretty soon you will be back to your old self and these slow days will just be a memory. Good luck Leah
pattyg
on 9/11/06 4:43 am - Springfield, IL
Hi Trish! I am 6 weeks out and my energy has FINALLY returned! It took a good 4 weeks and then it slowly got better every day. just hang in there, focus on getting your water and protien and eventually you will feel like dancing around!
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/06 11:17 am - Florence, KY
I too am tired all the time. I am taking my vitamins but having problems eating. I have been taking a 90 min nap in the early afternoon and that has been getting through the evenings.
utendn
on 9/11/06 9:07 pm - Boise, ID
Hi Trish! I'm just 15 days out and man, let me tell you, I get fatigued so EASILY! I just got cleared to drive and I went to the doctor's (endocrinologists) yesterday...then when I came home I decided to help my daughter pick up the house a bit. After less than 10 minutes cleaning I was exhausted! I had to sit down and catch my breath and rest. I did a little more work, what I was physically able to, and let me tell you, I was exhausted all the rest of the day. I finally fell into bed tired to the bone. And wouldn't ya know it, I couldn't stay asleep past 4 am, so here I am, up and sipping tea and reading Obesityhelp.com forums. But yeah, I must have been living in La-La Land cuz I had told myself that I was going to bounce right back from this surgery. I had an open gall bladder removal when I was 16 and I had NO problems recovering from that surgery. My best friend, to whom I related my sentiments on that, said, "Uh Winnie, you were SIXTEEN! You're TWICE as old now (Yeah, I'm 32.)--OF COURSE you're not going to recover in the same manner!" Plus she reminded me that not only am I overweight now, and wasn't when I was 16, but also I have diabetes, and those factors all count in my recovery time and how well I am doing. So hang in there girlfriend! I say let's just stop right here and go take a nice nappie....zzzzzzzz.................... Winnie
Pam P.
on 9/12/06 2:30 am - LaGrange, GA
I feel ya honey.......wew Im 2 wks out and trying to do anything makes me wanna take a nap.... I struggled to work ALL DAY yesterday since I had to drive to Atlanta for my 2 wk followup and didnt get in until noon here at work and OMG ...come 5 I made a B-line for my bed....and slept until 1 this morning then awoke and couldnt go back to sleep... I NEED my naps still so yeah I know how you feel and mine was Lap not open so I can imagine how you feel. One thing they said at my followup yesterday was that I need to have extra iron to make sure my energy picks up...I wasnt taking that so I hope it helps. Hows your weight loss goin?
Smsliberty04
on 9/15/06 4:38 pm - Sulphur, KY
You probably won't get your energy on a level basis until about 4-5 weeks. It will gradually get better. So, hang in there, and listen to your body. If it's tired, give it some rest. You can always do some more tomorrow. You don't want to over do it. But, make sure you do some moving around every day. Hugs Sharee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views