WORK?

Ms.Traci C.
on 9/12/06 2:39 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Pam, I can't believe you are back at work already. I had lap as well but I am on my feet all the time at work. Hopefully I will be able to go back and not feel to tired. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!! Hugs, Traci
Heather T.
on 9/12/06 3:02 am - Bucks County, PA
Hi Traci! I had surgery on 8/16/2006 and went back to work full time on August 28th (1.5 weeks post surgery). I was going crazy when I was home. I had some energy problems in the beginning, but now that I have progressed to pureed foods, I have been doing better! The positive thing is that since returning to work, the weeks have been flying by and I will be on soft regular foods two weeks from tomorrow!! Yea! Good Luck to you! Heather T.
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/13/06 1:43 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Heather, That is great!!! I start puree/soft food tomorrow...I am so excited!!! Hugs, Traci
jkfullerva
on 9/13/06 5:22 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I was told 3 weeks min. but that was before complications and a 10 day hospital stay. I don't even know how to count how far out I am I had surgery 2 weeks ago today but didn't start eating until last Thurs. I am on soft pureed foods. So I am 2 weeks out but only eating for 7 days. Fortunately/Unfortunately I have remote desktop login so I can "telecommute" to work. and have been doing a couple of hours a day last 2 days. Mostly when someone from the church calls panicked for something I logon and fix it. I have enough time to take off another week after this one but want to go back in next week. I have awesome support there. My stupid depression meds have irritated the pouch to where I can't get protein or much other than water in so I just had the dr. call in liquid happy meds. BTW DO NOT OPEN CYMBALTA CAPSULES THEY MAKE POUCHES VERY UNHAPPY.
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/13/06 6:37 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Oh Jenny! I am so sorry about the complications. I completely understand about not eating....I don't start until tomorrow so I am right there with you. I am hoping my energy improves after I start eating something....I walk the 20 minutes at a time and feel like I hike 10 miles when I am done. Hugs, Traci
LIVIN A DIVAS LIFE
on 9/13/06 12:30 pm - new jersey, NJ
i am scheduled to go back Oct 16. I get paid 100% salary up to 12 weeks debating if I am going to take the additional 4 weeks. I live in jersey and work in N.Y., I leave my house at 6:30 a.m. and do not return home until 6:30 p,m, so i am up in the air when to go back, 8wks or 12 wks???
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/14/06 6:58 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
That is wonderful!!! Excellent benefit. I can have up to 12 weeks off with the last 8 weeks at 80% salary. I am going back at 5 weeks.....don't want to use all my time just in case I need it for something else....family or myself. Hugs, Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views